NFL 2k kinda making return

Ty21

Madden NFL series will remain unchallenged in the high-end simulation

So, in other words, we still wont have an actual NFL sim game?

Gotcha.

multiple video games centered on fun, approachable, and social experiences.

Games described like this usually end up being mobile games loaded with microtransactions. 

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

So, in other words, we still wont have an actual NFL sim game?

Gotcha.

Games described like this usually end up being mobile games loaded with microtransactions. 

That’s why I said kinda

So basically sounds like EA sucks balls at making Phone games and 2K will do that. Maybe if 2K plays nice, and does a good job, the NFL will let them make NFL console games again. 

Could you guys imagine PS5 and like 2023 and we get BOTH a NFL2K game and EA NCAA game? I would never leave the house... and I rarely ever play games these days. 

• Like 3

I don't really understand why Madden would do another exclusive deal with EA anyway.  Isn't not just as beneficial, if not more-so, to have both making your game?

NBA 2K isn't perfect, but it has done a lot for the NBA and the culture.  Madden is crap.  Even the good Madden's in the last decade are only good relative to what EA has been putting out.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I don't really understand why Madden would do another exclusive deal with EA anyway.  Isn't not just as beneficial, if not more-so, to have both making your game?

NBA 2K isn't perfect, but it has done a lot for the NBA and the culture.  Madden is crap.  Even the good Madden's in the last decade are only good relative to what EA has been putting out.  

I'm not sure how hardcore of a 2K player you are, but 2K is somewhat getting worse as the years go on.

2K18 is arguably the worst 2K ever made.

2K19 wasn't very good, but it's the best 2K in the last few years.

2K20 is awful.

In 2K20, there was a combo that was literally unguardable.... There was a behind the back move that launched the ball handler so far to one side and this move could be spammed non-stop.  Screens are also the most broken they've ever been.  The badge Pick Dodger does not even work and Brick Wall has a suction cup mechanic.

This was an issue with the game in September when it launch.  It literally did not get addressed until January or February....... This massive game breaking exploit didn't get addressed until like 5 months after launch.  Only the behind the back spam got address.  Pick Dodger still DOES NOT work....  I quit playing 2K20 in like October and I've never done that.

2K is trash and they're the same as EA.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, showtime said:

I'm not sure how hardcore of a 2K player you are, but 2K is somewhat getting worse as the years go on.

2K20 is awful.

In 2K20, there was a combo that was literally unguardable.... There was a behind the back move that launched the ball handler so far to one side and this move could be spammed non-stop.  Screens are also the most broken they've ever been.  The badge Pick Dodger does not even work and Brick Wall has a suction cup mechanic.

This was an issue with the game in September when it launch.  It literally did not get addressed until January or February....... This massive game breaking exploit didn't get addressed until like 5 months after launch.  Only the behind the back spam got address.  Pick Dodger still DOES NOT work....  I quit playing 2K20 in like October and I've never done that.

2K has 5x more content than Madden does.  I mean MyGm/MyLeague vs Franchise Mode, which is what I primarily play (or would play if it was good), is night and day.  

I don't play 2K often, but while I'm sure it has gameplay bugs like Madden, it at least has content.  You can customize teams, create teams, insert legends into your league (seriously, why can't we freely use legends in Madden without going to a special mode?), customize badges, far more ratings, far more offseason things to handle.  Madden doesn't even have a list to show you for when players retire, you just have to guess...

2K might be bad, but it's bad relative to the quality of games they used to put out.  Madden is just bad.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, showtime said:

2K20 is awful.

I agree 2K has become just as bad as EA over the years...but I would take any competition for an NFL game.

I miss the days when there were 5 to 7 NFL games every year.

6 hours ago, August4th said:

hopefully in 2-3 years we get

madden

and another game from a 3rd developer(sony?)..also maybe a NCAA game too if NCAA stops being annoying. first time in forever I'm feeling optimistic about football games

Right. The only reason I’ve sunk any amount of time into madden since madden 12 is because I’ve sunk ~$60 on it and want to get some semblance of my money’s worth for it. Madden 12 was the last time I got genuine entertainment out of it. 

• Like 2