NFL/XFL/CFB and COVID-19

brushmyhair

It’s impossible to say right now. You’ll get lots of people predicting lots of different things.

governments and a number of gov agencies across those govs can’t decide on the right way to handle things, so I don’t have a lot of faith in the NFL having a great plan yet.

I’m sure the NFL is going to base their decision on what other big events are doing, if you see lots of big events getting cancelled leading up to it, that would be a bad sign 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

I simply don't know. This is a decision that is just as rooted in science as it is logistics, with public perception as much as political pressure.

We can continue discussing this, but let's not veer into the political arena. 

Tks.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I wouldn't call it 0%. Enough public outcry and concern, it'll get done in a less public way. 

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

I think we are moving to it being a fan less event. I hope that isn't the case but that's what I'd bet on. 

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

It won’t be canceled. It will just be old school and not a grand event. Teams in their war rooms will just announce the picks. 

So pretty much the chances of me experiencing the draft and booing the commissioner are going down by the day?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

0% that it's cancelled. 

But the public side of the event itself may be cancelled.

Pretty sure that's the question. Of course teams are still getting an incoming rookie class.

Speculating based on other cancellations going on, it's seeming more and more likely that we don't have the the large event in Las Vegas. But, we're still over a month away so there's time for things to change.

Edited by wackywabbit

FWIW, we have recently announced our first cases (Clark County) and obviously there are more coming.  I wouldn't be shocked if the Draft Extravaganza is cancelled if the numbers go up, but with so much time remaining, I can't say. 

37 minutes ago, brushmyhair said:

So pretty much the chances of me experiencing the draft and booing the commissioner are going down by the day?

I'd think so. Maybe the outbreak is contained since that is roughly 6 weeks away but I think the NFL would face a lot of pressure to cancel an event where thousands of fans are flying from all over the country for. 

I'd hope it doesn't come to that because it would likely mean the outbreak isn't as severe as some are predicting.

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

I'd think so. Maybe the outbreak is contained since that is roughly 6 weeks away but I think the NFL would face a lot of pressure to cancel an event where thousands of fans are flying from all over the country for. 

I'd hope it doesn't come to that because it would likely mean the outbreak isn't as severe as some are predicting.

I wouldn't expect them to make a cancellation decision until the week of. I think Vegas currently only has 4 cases, and hopefully TSA has testing it's at airports so they can reject people who have Coronavirus and the best case scenario but highly unlikely is an available vaccine by then