NFL/XFL/CFB and COVID-19

brushmyhair

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Israel and Cleveland labs just announced today they've got a trial vaccine, so that's positive, might have it done with trails by May.

https://www.gilead.com/news-and-press/press-room/press-releases/2020/2/gilead-sciences-initiates-two-phase-3-studies-of-investigational-antiviral-remdesivir-for-the-treatment-of-covid-19

I think this is gonna end up being the winner tbh.

• Like 1

No one should be eating bats or rats. Those are the two things in the world you should not eat, basically 10000% common sense and you are pretty dumb and/or uneducated if you eat them. Culture is not an excuse, if someone is gonna use that. 

Bat and Rats are the two most disease ridden creatures on the planet, by far. Coronaviruses have all came from bats including COVID-19, SARS, and MERS. Also Ebola came from bats. As for rats, you have rabies and so many other deadly viruses as well. 

Many speculate this came from a bat soup at the Wuhan Seafood Market. While that hasn’t been proven, it 100% came from bats. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I think this is gonna end up being the winner tbh.

That's good news and Remdesivir is one of the potential meds WHO identified early on.
Re-purposed drugs are really the only way to get something done quickly, starting from scratch is a non-starter for 2020 and 2021 patients

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

Time to buy some stock...

My best friend used to work there. Its head quarters is 2 miles from my house. to hear him say it, Gilead is a horribly run company

So take that for what its worth. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Does this mean Joe won't be holding the #1 Bengals jersey with the commish? What else am I supposed to use as an avatar?

Joe's small hand, holding another jersey. Because he doesn't want to play for the Bengals.