Linebacking corps position battles

Dome

4 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:

I was reading today that Anzalone is pushing HARD for that starting spot. This says one of three things.

1. Anthony maybe just isn't as good as many of us hoped.

2. Anzalone is showing much more skill than anticipated.

3. All of our LBs are doo-doo and there isn't much separating them.

Personally hoping for #2. I really wanted Anthony to work out, but from what I have seen, Anzalone is much more well rounded. We do need more dynamic play at LB.

My belief would be #2... Anzalone is a very instinctual linebacker with loads of athleticism in a big body. Health is his concern, I'm not surprised that he's pushing for this job and as long as he remains healthy I can't see Anthony beating him out. Anthony just has zero read recognition skills.

13 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Glad to see I was wrong on Anzalone. I really thought he was gonna bust, not a whole lot I liked about him. He's definitely coming more NFL ready than I expected. 

I'm not throwing in the towel on Anthony just yet... this preseason is huge for a lot of guys.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2017 at 5:40 PM, domepatrol91 said:

Defense as a whole looked alright considering we were down our #1 2 and 3 CB.

Anthony is gonna need to keep making plays like that if he wants a job, cause Anzalone had himself a very nice pass breakup as well.

Anthony can make splash plays on occasion buy Anzalone is the bettet all around linebacker.

Archived