Tom Brady 2020: Signing Off?

DoleINGout

Tom Brady 2020  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which team do you think Tom Brady will ultimately sign with?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/18/2020 at 04:00 AM

Advanced issue found

On 3/19/2020 at 2:32 PM, Nex_Gen said:

You don't think the natural breaking point with the greatest player of all time doesn't have anything to do with this? The guy stacked a decade of masterful chess playing with his personnel, over another decade. That's unprecedented. Unless you somehow feel we should be awarded another decade. Dissect most seasons, and you'll find the same questionable moves. It's part of the game. And I'm sure you know better than to throw out "Cardinals got Hopkins for a 2nd = Patriots missed out on this." We all know there's no way in hell BoB is shipping him here. You're looking for reasons...

I didn't see a natural breaking point for Brady, I saw a GOAT QB having hold an under-manned offense together thanks to questionable personnel decisions, resulting in a wasted year. The OL injuries were obviously bad luck, but the TE situation was clearly disaster waiting to happen.

And sorry, but no, you won't see teams signing blue-chip defensive players, then cutting them a month into the season and ruining the chemistry of the 1st ranked defense every year. If the Bennett situation happened to the Jets or Bills we'd be giggling about "dysfunctional organizations" in this forum. Either Bennett was no scheme fit, or BB couldn't make it work. Either way, it was a splash signing which wasted cap.

As I said, I'm not saying fire BB. He's obviously amazing at his job. But amazing =/= perfect. Last year he made more bad decisions than usual. Whether that was down to factors beyond his control, his own bad judgment, or external pressure, we will never know. But they happened. It's foolish to brand anyone criticising BB as some kind of spoiled fan, he's a big boy he can handle some comparatively minor critiques.

And, as I said above, I'm not saying Hopkins could have literally been a Patriot, just using him as an example of what a 2nd round pick can buy you, and how much of an overpay it was for Sanu.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

So, a full season later. Question is: How would Brady have done on other teams this season? Would the Patriots have won the Super Bowl? Would the Niners? Brady reportedly wanted to sign with San Fran but the interest wasn't mutual because again people for some reason thought Jimmy G was the answer, (and still do). Colts would have surely won a playoff game and gone on a run, no? How about a team like the Raiders though with a limited defense talent-wise? I think a playoff berth was possible but that division was tough with the Chiefs and an away game in Denver.

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

So, a full season later. Question is: How would Brady have done on other teams this season? Would the Patriots have won the Super Bowl? Would the Niners? Brady reportedly wanted to sign with San Fran but the interest wasn't mutual because again people for some reason thought Jimmy G was the answer, (and still do). Colts would have surely won a playoff game and gone on a run, no? How about a team like the Raiders though with a limited defense talent-wise? I think a playoff berth was possible but that division was tough with the Chiefs and an away game in Denver.

Brady would have done great in San Fran too. They're up there with the Bucs as one of the most talented teams in the NFL. Had Brady stayed with the Pats, best he would have done here is get us a wildcard spot and MAYBE a 1 playoff win... but they would have subsequently gotten slaughtered by the Bills and Chiefs.

1 hour ago, PatriotsWin! said:

but they would have subsequently gotten slaughtered by the Bills and Chiefs.

ehh idk. Bills crapped their pants in the championship and the Newton Pats should have won against the Chiefs this year but yeah going 2-0 against them would have been unlikely.

10 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

San Fran wouldn't have gotten him much since the injury bug wiped them out of contention completely.  I'd say a worse record than staying in NE with the NFCW being a bit tougher.  The discussions would all center around "TB and BB needed each other, they both suck separately"

I think the Pats record would have been closer to 10-6, 11-5 if TB12 stayed and have been a little less frustrating to watch with Meyers' improvement and Edelman being utilized better.  They probably split with the Bills and go 2nd in the div, lose in the divisional.  

Raiders I'd see something like those maddening games when NE would be on fire offensively but the D can't get a stop and ultimately end up losing the game for the O.

I'm not even going to attempt to picture TB12 in a colts uniform... heathen... 

10 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Hard to say. 49ers had too many injuries. We were not talented enough to be better than 10-6/11-5 and would not have beat the Chiefs. It takes a complete team to win it, so Bucs were the right team for Brady. Chargers could have been interesting if they had a better coach than Lynn. If we had caught a break or two like not booting AB off the team and Josh Gordon staying in line, I'm confident the Patriots win it in 2019. And who knows what would have happened this year, most players who opted out, would not have opted out with Brady at QB. It's a shame how it ended but I wish him well and there is a decent chance he wins #8 before he retires.

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Hard to say. 49ers had too many injuries. We were not talented enough to be better than 10-6/11-5 and would not have beat the Chiefs. It takes a complete team to win it, so Bucs were the right team for Brady. Chargers could have been interesting if they had a better coach than Lynn. If we had caught a break or two like not booting AB off the team and Josh Gordon staying in line, I'm confident the Patriots win it in 2019. And who knows what would have happened this year, most players who opted out, would not have opted out with Brady at QB. It's a shame how it ended but I wish him well and there is a decent chance he wins #8 before he retires.

Chiefs were weird this season in spite of their record.  They looked vulnerable at times.  The Browns, by all rights, should have had that game.  Hell, even Hoyer moved the ball well against them, he just choked badly in the redzone.  I'm fairly confident TB12 wins that game in the regular season, I don't think NE w/ TB12 makes it far enough to face them in the SB though.  

• Like 1

On 2/9/2021 at 12:45 AM, DoleINGout said:

- No chance we win the SB with Brady. No QB wins us the superbowl the season just gone.

- Niners if all healthy I'd go YES! But they weren't healthy, and he wouldn't have won the SB there either

- Titans definitely not with their third down D

- Possibly Colts. I'd fancy that they could get into the Superbowl.