Free Agency

RamRod

I might be in the minority here but I actually like the Brockers move. Especially since we got Robinson from the lions. 

We were getting shredded in our run D last season. 

Now this puts us in good position to draft EDGE in round 2 and OL in the following rounds. 

I felt better about our OL vs our DL and now are DL looks pretty good. Brock should have more opportunities to rush the passer too 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

ProFootballTalk] Rams benefit from a COVID-19 loophole that allows them to squat on both Leonard Floyd and Michael Brockers, while either generating cap space to fit both on the roster or choosing between them

This I don't like this. It's a bad look. It sends the wrong message to players remaining in FA that we're willing to "sign and sit" on you until it works best for us. Agents will not like this play either even though it may be a one time thing with COVID-19.

We should do what we can to keep both. Might be time to finally restructure Goff.

41 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

This I don't like this. It's a bad look. It sends the wrong message to players remaining in FA that we're willing to "sign and sit" on you until it works best for us. Agents will not like this play either even though it may be a one time thing with COVID-19.

We should do what we can to keep both. Might be time to finally restructure Goff.

You’re overreacting a bit here. This is just being smart as long as we intend to keep both. Teams take advantage of loopholes all the time. Players won’t care as long as they get their money

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

You’re overreacting a bit here. This is just being smart as long as we intend to keep both. Teams take advantage of loopholes all the time. Players won’t care as long as they get their money

Well yeah, the overreaction comes if we end up "un-signing" Floyd. Then it's completely justified to say it's not a good look to do that. And in this example, Floyd will have not gotten his money and his value will have softened from being in the latter part of FA.

If all goes well, sure I'm overreacting. If Floyd is let go (essentially), then this is not a good look for the Rams attracting future FA's. Agents will be weary to want to do business with the Rams for pulling that kind of stunt.