Free Agency

RamRod

10 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Feels weird to say, but with the Goff contract being front loaded, and both the Cooks and Gurley contracts hindering us this year, traded or not (so dumb) I’m starting to wonder if we do a bit of a pooch-punt on 2020. And push the chips in for 2021

i said watch the GZ move to be a signal beam

Think Whitworth is brought back regardless or a push for 2021 likely makes sense both sides move on? Even if we aren't building a championship team in 2020, we need to protect Goff so I'd want him back. 

2 hours ago, RamsFan24 said:

Still just doesn't make sense to me. He was a one of the best slot corners that has nfl experience unlike the young and unexprienced corners behind him.

One of the best? Idk if y’all saw us.. But the Bucs wrs and many others(Seattle’s) had their way with us. I’m so good with this. Even if we suck! At least it won’t be because of the money. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

Think Whitworth is brought back regardless or a push for 2021 likely makes sense both sides move on? Even if we aren't building a championship team in 2020, we need to protect Goff so I'd want him back. 

I don’t think Whit wants just one more season. He has said he always evaluates at the end of the year for the next now, but I’d be willing to bet he has a couple left in the tank. Plus I think sliding him back inside to guard when Noteboom is back healthy will extend his career

And speaking of, by no means do I think we are going to tank, or be bad. (We have no reason to without a 2021 first) I just meant we might skip out on the fun part of Free Agency, take the Comp picks for whatever Brockers, Littleton, Fowler, Blythe and Zuerlein net out at, Pick up a few useful pieces that were cut (like L. Floyd, J. Reed, etc) and move out a few pieces that don’t really fit anymore (i.e. Gerald Everett) For some draft capital this year.

That way we can make it through the large dollar years of Goff and Donald without having to push more guaranteed dollars out further, bolster the roster with more young/cheep talent (from comp picks) and be in position to make one or two big signings next off season to push as Super Bowl contenders again. 

Nothing that has changed with this roster, or is rumored to, completely hinders our ability to be in the playoff hunt. Probably doesn’t get us much farther than a Wild Card round exit though

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

If we move on from Gurley and Cooks (somehow), we have the new cap from NRC, and IF we structure Goff we could be around $31Mil in spending to get us to $205.

In my trade with TB, we give Gurley/Cooks and get back Vita Vea and 3rd round pick(#76).

-Sign Andrus Peat LG 3Year $28Mil (little less than Glasgow who was at $11 per over 4 year)

-Sign Whitworth LT 2year $22Mil (Guarantee $18)

-Sign Leonard Floyd OLB 3yr $30Mil (same as Jamie Collins deal) 

• Devon Kennard as a backup

Draft

Cesar Ruiz C at #52

Anfernee Jennings OLB at #76

Evan Weaver ILB at #84

Zach Moss RB  #104

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Nothing that has changed with this roster, or is rumored to, completely hinders our ability to be in the playoff hunt. Probably doesn’t get us much farther than a Wild Card round exit though

This is what I meant. I don't think the team will suck next year but it seems likely that Super Bowl aspirations need to be tempered. But if Goff gets back to his early 2018 play then anything is possible. 

The defense is a major wildcard with the turnover in coaching/players.

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

But if we are resistant to restructure Goff into future years what makes you think we are different with pushing their money into future seasons?

We are resistent based off of vague comments Snead made on a podcast 2 weeks ago. Things change very rapidly. The FA market is starting to crystalize and their could be positions with different APY then originally projected, players still available we didnt think would be, and trades we could make we didn't think were possible. Brockers, NRC, and Littleton are gone; did Snead expect that 2 weeks ago as well? Did we think Leonard Floyd would be cut? Did we think Clowney would be available day 3? 

Just saying, everything should still be on the table and given the exits on defense we've seen, we can't afford to throw all hope into the draft with limited resources. Changes will be made by Friday and I'm willing predict a few BIG changes we didn't see coming two weeks ago. 

Edited by BStanRamFan