Broncos get 3 compensatory picks

AnAngryAmerican

Wow I almost forgot about these. Nick Korte at OTC is so insanely good at projecting comp picks, I forgot we were due for an announcement.

History tells us a trade will make this irrelevant, but right now they have picks 178 and 181. I like having those close clusters of picks. Also have four picks between 77 and 118. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Wow I almost forgot about these. Nick Korte at OTC is so insanely good at projecting comp picks, I forgot we were due for an announcement.

History tells us a trade will make this irrelevant, but right now they have picks 178 and 181. I like having those close clusters of picks. Also have four picks between 77 and 118. 

This team is going to get loaded fast if this isn't at Least a 10 win team next year I'll be dissapointed.

Lock won 4 of 5 starts.

Led 2 game winning drives in those 4 wins

Led one 4th quarter comeback in those 4 wins

And dominated a Texans playoff defense.

Is it too much to project a 5 game sample with him being the starter the whole off-season?

Happy to see we got three- always a good thing, more is never bad. I expect Denver to make quite a few trades this year. We could use depth all over, but frankly, I think we're at that inflection point of rolling the dice with a few true impact players rather than stocking the cupboard with depth guys.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, broncos67 said:

Happy to see we got three- always a good thing, more is never bad. I expect Denver to make quite a few trades this year. We could use depth all over, but frankly, I think we're at that inflection point of rolling the dice with a few true impact players rather than stocking the cupboard with depth guys.

I fully expect a trade up into the second round with three thirds and now two fifths and a few more sevenths. 

13 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I fully expect a trade up into the second round with three thirds and now two fifths and a few more sevenths. 

Love the idea but we only have one 5th.....how high of a 2nd do you think we can climb to ?

Edited by Cutler06

Next year could garner even more Comp picks. 

CHJ , Shelby, Wolfe, McGovern, Parks will all see contracts worthy of a comp pick if/when they sign elsewhere this offseason. I don’t anticipate the Broncos making enough moves to match. 

They could be in line for a couple thirds next year. 

Edited by Winder23

16 hours ago, Winder23 said:

Next year could garner even more Comp picks. 

CHJ , Shelby, Wolfe, McGovern, Parks will all see contracts worthy of a comp pick if/when they sign elsewhere this offseason. I don’t anticipate the Broncos making enough moves to match. 

They could be in line for a couple thirds next year. 

In order to get 3rds you have to lose extra guys who get a top 8 AAV FA contract, and stay healthy enough / be bad enough to not get dinged with lost snap counts (Osweiler benched in HOU cost us there).   The only guy with a shot  to be in the top 8 is Harris Jr.  Wolfe & S-Harris might not even make it to the 4th round level.   McGovern / Parks are unlikely to get even a 5th.  

Every time a QB signs elsewhere and not on his own team for 20M+, it drops our guys down.   Same for when Amari Cooper or Byron Jones signs.   Or a 12M T.   And if we sign a marquee FA it counts against the formula.   And the guys we sign to replace Wolfe / McGovern / Parks negate them unless we go bargain basement or draft.    Which does not sound like Elway’s plan in FA at all.   The more aggressive he is the less draft capital we keep.   

It’s far more likely we get 1 3rd/4th and a bunch of 5ths - and that’s only if Elway doesn’t go after a top 12 $ FA.    

Edited by Broncofan