Jarrad Davis in concussion protocol

HashtagFTW

3 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

Yup

I wouldnt call it dirty but it was certainly a &^%$# move

I disagree.  Defenders try to hit offensive players like that on each play.  I have no issue with offensive players giving hard, legal blocks, especially to a defender who is in position to make a tackle.

Hate that he's hurt, see nothing wrong with OBJs block.

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I disagree.  Defenders try to hit offensive players like that on each play.  I have no issue with offensive players giving hard, legal blocks, especially to a defender who is in position to make a tackle.

Hate that he's hurt, see nothing wrong with OBJs block.

I thought it was clearly a crack back block

8 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

Theres never a need to hit a guy like that when hes not facing you

Sure there is.  OBJ was trying to block Davis, preventing him from making the tackle.  Had the ball carrier scored a TD after that block, it would have been praised as a great play.

It was a hard, clean block that could have directly impacted the play.  I'd be mad if my receivers didn't try to block to help advance the ball.

45 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Sure there is.  OBJ was trying to block Davis, preventing him from making the tackle.  Had the ball carrier scored a TD after that block, it would have been praised as a great play.

It was a hard, clean block that could have directly impacted the play.  I'd be mad if my receivers didn't try to block to help advance the ball.

We're not talking about simply blocking, and I didnt think it was legal. Block in the back, crack back, whatever, he blindsided him. He could of simply used his position and blocked him straight up. And if one of our WR's did that and got called for a penalty, I would be pissed. Theres just no need for that.

15 minutes ago, msuspartans#1 said:

Assuming he misses time what's our LB situation going to be? Move Whitehead to middle and JRM play more outside? That's what it looked like they did last night 

As bad as Whitehead has been on the outside hes even worse in the middle. I think Worrilow has played some MLB.

1 hour ago, detroitroar said:

We're not talking about simply blocking, and I didnt think it was legal. Block in the back, crack back, whatever, he blindsided him. He could of simply used his position and blocked him straight up. And if one of our WR's did that and got called for a penalty, I would be pissed. Theres just no need for that.

From what I recall, I'm almost certain that it wasn't in the back.  Additionally, I will never get mad at an offensive player for wanting to hit defensive players hard.  When given the chance, defensive players try and do exactly that.  OBJ threw a hard block on a defender who was directly involved in the play, attempting to tackle the ball carrier.  I see nothing wrong with it.

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

From what I recall, I'm almost certain that it wasn't in the back.  Additionally, I will never get mad at an offensive player for wanting to hit defensive players hard.  When given the chance, defensive players try and do exactly that.  OBJ threw a hard block on a defender who was directly involved in the play, attempting to tackle the ball carrier.  I see nothing wrong with it.

They replayed it numerous times, it was in the back. Even the referee they were interviewing stated as such. It was an illegal block in the back that they simply ignored. If he misses any time because of it, I will be pissed.

7 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

They replayed it numerous times, it was in the back. Even the referee they were interviewing stated as such. It was an illegal block in the back that they simply ignored. If he misses any time because of it, I will be pissed.

The only video I can find right now makes it look like OBJ hit him on his left side/arm.  Anyone have a better angle?

I was hoping Odell would play for fantasy purposes, so I was pretty excited to finally see him out there... until that play. It was incredibly unnecessary and pretty dirty in the end. Was he trying to put Davis in a position where he would get hurt? Probably not. But, it's a huge blow to the defense. I hope it's nothing overly serious and that it doesn't hinder him in the long run, but a player in the NFL these days only has so many concussions in them with how the league, doctors, and players are focusing on them. It's never good to see someone go down with a concussion, and even more disappointing to go down with one in his second regular season game. I wish him a speedy recovery, but I hope he doesn't rush back too early. 

With that said, I was really impressed with the guy as he was coming off the field. He handed his gloves to a Lions fan in the stands, and he stopped to slap hands with a kid near the tunnel, and he made a comment to another fan on his way out. In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal, but it's nice to see guys do nice things for the fans. In a moment where he was bummed, and probably uncomfortable, he had the awareness to do a few nice things and I thought that was pretty nice of him. 

Archived