Jarrad Davis in concussion protocol

HashtagFTW

I think he'll be fine. If this was a few years ago he would have finished the game. When they put a person in concussion protocol it's out of precaution. I think it's more likely a stinger than anything else based on the angles.

also, i can't say it was a dirty hit. Not really clean but it wasn't dirty either. 

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

What is your opinion on how he has looked? I have my own and he is starting for me in a dynasty league just would like to hear more insight from all you great Lions fans.

Good in run support and running the D, but pretty poor and uncomfortable in coverage.

I'm still having a hard time feeling that the OBJ hit was dirty.  Players are running around, Davis is in position to make a tackle, so OBJ makes a hard hit with his shoulder to Davis' left side.  Still can't find another view of the hit, but I don't think it was a blatant shot in the back.  Hard hit, but a reasonable attempt at a block (from a player that weighs far less than the person he's trying to block).

Then again, I think hitting a receiver in the knees as he's trying to make a catch is completely dirty, but unfortunately within the rules.

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

Left side of his back is still his back. Caldwell skirted around the issue at the press conference so that he doesn't get fined by the league. 

Again, I can't see the exact point of contact.  It looked like Davis' side.  Regardless, do you feel that a shot to the center of a player's back is as dirty as a clear effort to block the player from the side, but possibly making contact with the far left side of the player's back?  I just don't.

Hines Ward used to love his high blindside hits, and I don't blame him: the defense wants nothing more than to wreck an offensive player.  As an offensive player, if I had a shot, I'd want to do the same.  OBJs hit was an attempt at a legal block, not something blatantly illegal.

18 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Again, I can't see the exact point of contact.  It looked like Davis' side.  Regardless, do you feel that a shot to the center of a player's back is as dirty as a clear effort to block the player from the side, but possibly making contact with the far left side of the player's back?  I just don't.

Hines Ward used to love his high blindside hits, and I don't blame him: the defense wants nothing more than to wreck an offensive player.  As an offensive player, if I had a shot, I'd want to do the same.  OBJs hit was an attempt at a legal block, not something blatantly illegal.

Again, not dirty, just a punk move, to me at least.

4 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:

I have no idea why there is any discussion about OBJ in this thread or in the tweet I just posted. Davis lowered his head to make a tackle and his head hit the ball carrier's hip/thigh area. OBJ didn't cause Davis' injury.

Even if you don't want to talk about where he was blocked you can easily tell on the replay his body position was altered in the replay. His head was not going into the runner till after obj blocked him. 

40 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:

I have no idea why there is any discussion about OBJ in this thread or in the tweet I just posted. Davis lowered his head to make a tackle and his head hit the ball carrier's hip/thigh area. OBJ didn't cause Davis' injury.

Had Davis not been hurt, this wouldn't even be a topic.  PFT stated it well: possibly illegal, not dirty.  Might have been in the back, but wasn't malicious or anything.  One player tried to block another in the game of football.  Hell, OBJ even led with his shoulder.

1 hour ago, cp0k2 said:

We're clearly watching different video's. I'm watching the one you linked. I'm not sure what one you're watching.

I've watched every professional snap of Davis' career and many in college and this is the only tackle I've seen where he leads with the back of his head. That's probably because of the block in the back that pushed his upper body forward/down.

I think it was clearly illegal and a little dirty. Not Burfict dirty and I don't think a concussion was his intent, but that doesn't make it a clean hit.

5 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

I think it was clearly illegal and a little dirty. Not Burfict dirty and I don't think a concussion was his intent, but that doesn't make it a clean hit.

This is my thinking as well. If he didn't get injured, just a stupid play, but something that clearly should have been flagged. 

3 hours ago, cp0k2 said:

...did you actually watch the video before posting it? Davis clearly wasn't leading with his head. His head only dropped after Odell Beckham hit him illegally in the back. That is clear in that video. 

Archived