Jarrad Davis in concussion protocol

HashtagFTW

Yes, I watched the video. Watch the video at 30 seconds. The angle that OBJ hit Davis didn't push him into the ball carrier, if anything, a harder block would've pushed Davis away from the receiver. Davis broke down to make a tackle and his head hit the ball carrier's hip/thigh area. It sucks, he's hurt, but there's no boogeyman to blame it on.

2 hours ago, cp0k2 said:

Yes, I watched the video. Watch the video at 30 seconds. The angle that OBJ hit Davis didn't push him into the ball carrier, if anything, a harder block would've pushed Davis away from the receiver. Davis broke down to make a tackle and his head hit the ball carrier's hip/thigh area. It sucks, he's hurt, but there's no boogeyman to blame it on.

You know what the angle from the 30 second mark showed me? That his eyes were locked on the ball carrier until he was hit in the back forcing his head down.

2 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

You know what the angle from the 30 second mark showed me? That his eyes were locked on the ball carrier until he was hit in the back forcing his head down.

Davis beat him to the spot; OBJ lost the angle for a clean block and did what he did. Not the dirtiest play ever, but not cool.

Still don't have an issue with it, and neither does the team or league.  Barely in the back, if at all.  Davis getting hurt is unfortunate, but it doesn't change what happened during the play.

Before the "how do you know that the team doesn't have an issue?!" comments, ask yourself this: if Stafford was injured from a cheap shot, would the coaches and every single player remain silent?  Of course not.  Hard block from a WR on a LB attempting to make a tackle.  I wish more WRs shut their mouths and blocked.

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Still don't have an issue with it, and neither does the team or league.  Barely in the back, if at all.  Davis getting hurt is unfortunate, but it doesn't change what happened during the play.

Before the "how do you know that the team doesn't have an issue?!" comments, ask yourself this: if Stafford was injured from a cheap shot, would the coaches and every single player remain silent?  Of course not.  Hard block from a WR on a LB attempting to make a tackle.  I wish more WRs shut their mouths and blocked.

I think if Stafford got hurt on a cheap shot the most we'd get out of Caldwell is something along the lines of "We're letting the league handle it."

That's about as fired up as I can imagine him being. As for everyone else, they seem to like Caldwell and tow his line. So I don't think we can know if Caldwell has an issue with it and there are several non calls every week that the NFL doesn't address publicly. 

Now my question. If that was Tate throwing that block on HaHa Clinton-Dix, do you think a flag gets thrown?

PS: I like that you're willing to admit that it was a block in the back now. Even if it was attached to the barely adverb. New forum and new TL. Love it.

11 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

Now my question. If that was Tate throwing that block on HaHa Clinton-Dix, do you think a flag gets thrown?

PS: I like that you're willing to admit that it was a block in the back now. Even if it was attached to the barely adverb. New forum and new TL. Love it.

"Barely in the back, if at all".  You know, punctuation and stuff.  I've stated for pages that the one camera view I've seen isn't definitive, and I've asked for other views.  I haven't ruled out that it's possibly in the back, but it looks like it might just be on the side.

As for the Tate comment: I have no idea.  Probably not.  Not seeing the relevance.

46 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Oh.  One of these "I'm no longer trying to have a reasonable conversation, so I'll fill this thread with nonsense and irrelevancy".  Got it.

What's reasonable about being shown someone getting blocked in the back and refusing to say that he was blocked in the back?

54 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

What's reasonable about being shown someone getting blocked in the back and refusing to say that he was blocked in the back?

Arguing that it appeared that he was hit in the side, that there isn't another angle that disputes it, and that - IF he was blocked in the back - it didn't appear to be the defender's intent?

Why do I care if OBJ blocked him in the back or not?  Why do you act as if this is personal for me... that I'm OBJ's agent, or that him blocking people in the back gives him negative fantasy points?  (Hint: I don't own him.)  Your desperation to make this personal is so strange.

It appears, to me, that OBJ made contact on Davis' side.  The player's are moving, and the camera angles are limited, so it's hard to verify.  I've admitted that it's possible that it was Davis' back, but I'm not positive.  Davis doesn't seem to care.  The refs don't seem to care.  The team doesn't seem to care.  The league definitely doesn't care.  At worst, it was barely a block in the back, and the intent was for OBJ to deliver a hard, clean block (with his shoulder) to a defender in position to make a tackle.

Is this sport still football?

Since when has intent mattered if a play was clean or dirty? Like I already said I don't think his intent was to injure Davis. That doesn't make a block in the back a clean block though.

I don't know why you care if OBJ blocked him in the back or not. You're posting about it so you must care a little. I've never claimed this was personal for you. It's not unlike you to try to put words in other poster's mouths though. You're desperation to make me seem desperate to make this personal is so strange.

If OBJ had made contact with Davis' side, why did he not fall to the side? Why did he take a very distinct fall forward? You've said you work in law enforcement. You must have investigated a crash or two in your time. You must know a little bit about physics and such. Why do you act as if you know what Davis cares about? The Refs? The team? Or the league? Why are you so stuck on OBJ's intent, something we can't actually know unless you yourself are OBJ. If someone runs a stop sign and smashes into another car because they were on their phone, do you not write a ticket if they tell you they didn't mean to do it?

Yes? Of course? Why wouldn't it be football? Is blocking another player in the back not illegal in football now?

Archived