Onyemata could get 10+ million per year on open market!

whodatworm23

Yahoo sports is reporting... lawd what world are we livin in?

I think we as Saints fans need to prepare ourselves to lose guys like him and Vonn Bell as these guys are likely going to hit it big elsewhere in a few days and we will likely be drafting positions we see as strengths now but won’t be come April. 

Big days on the horizon for CGJ & Shy Tuttle! Lol

I mean I really like Bell but I do believe that CGJ is the better player so if Bell gets 8-10 million per year I gotta let him go. Likewise with Onyemata as maybe he’s better than Tuttle but Tuttle played very well as a undrafted free agent. What your really deciding is do we keep Onyemata over Rankins?

2 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Yahoo sports is reporting... lawd what world are we livin in?

I think we as Saints fans need to prepare ourselves to lose guys like him and Vonn Bell as these guys are likely going to hit it big elsewhere in a few days and we will likely be drafting positions we see as strengths now but won’t be come April. 

Big days on the horizon for CGJ & Shy Tuttle! Lol

I mean I really like Bell but I do believe that CGJ is the better player so if Bell gets 8-10 million per year I gotta let him go. Likewise with Onyemata as maybe he’s better than Tuttle but Tuttle played very well as a undrafted free agent. What your really deciding is do we keep Onyemata over Rankins?

I would take a healthy Rankins over Onyemata... but since that's not likely I'd take injured Rankins, Tuttle, and a draft pick.  Also agree that CGJ would be good compared to Bell.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Raves said:

I would take a healthy Rankins over Onyemata... but since that's not likely I'd take injured Rankins, Tuttle, and a draft pick.  Also agree that CGJ would be good compared to Bell.

First and formost if we could get Bell back for 7 million per or less then we should do it and keep CGJ in the slot. In box safetys like Bell typically dont garner much more than that but this is a weird time for nfl free agents. Ya never know what crazy contract some team might offer.

With Onyenmata theres gonna be a team betting on his upside and his upward trajectory and athletic young defensive lineman are extremly valuable in todays nfl. He'll get paid. 

2 hours ago, lifeinthaboot said:

Pretty sure his agent is throwing numbers out there. Time to drug test Onyenmata to see if he's stayed off the weed!!!!

:)

Well the proposed CBA would make that a non-issue... maybe we should give Josh Gordon a call... lol

On 3/16/2020 at 6:06 PM, Orleanz said:

Glad to have him back with Rankin’s injury history. I’ll guess 4 yrs 38 mil

Pretty darn good guess. Basically got the annual rate right.

This is a good signing, and the other D-linemen - Specifically Cam Jordan per Twitter - are happy about it! Great to have some continuing chemistry in that front 4. And the LB corps, and the secondary... This defense has the makings of being off the hook!

Now, go get a receiver!!

16 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Pretty darn good guess. Basically got the annual rate right.

This is a good signing, and the other D-linemen - Specifically Cam Jordan per Twitter - are happy about it! Great to have some continuing chemistry in that front 4. And the LB corps, and the secondary... This defense has the makings of being off the hook!

Now, go get a receiver!!

time most us realize... Onyenmata not Rankins is the teams best 3 tec. Rankins was more refined coming out of college ranks but he cant stay healthy. Big O always had more physical talent and hes gotten better and better. Hes been healthy too. Big year for Rankins... Saints wont hesitate to move on next year if he dont bounce back and stay healthy. 

• Like 1