NCAA Tournaments To Be Played Without Fans

HolmesPriest

I think this could impact the potential for upsets. Usually the underdogs feed off the crowd. With no crowd I think the more talented teams will rule the day. 

In general though I think its going to suck because of empty arenas. It wont feel like March Madness. 

Just now, stl4life07 said:

I think this could impact the potential for upsets. Usually the underdogs feed off the crowd. With no crowd I think the more talented teams will rule the day. 

In general though I think its going to suck because of empty arenas. It wont feel like March Madness. 

Good thing there will barely be a talent difference 

Lol massive overreacting going on around the world. They didn't do this for H1N1 when nearly 13,000 Americans died from it, which is still about the normal average that dies from normal flu every year. I get it but people need to take it upon themselves to stay the hell home when they feel sick. 

EDIT - 14,000 Americans alone have died from regular flu this flu season while 5000 worldwide have died from Coronavirus. Like I said, massive overreactions going on around the world. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Lol massive overreacting going on around the world. They didn't do this for H1N1 when nearly 13,000 Americans died from it, which is still about the normal average that dies from normal flu every year. I get it but people need to take it upon themselves to stay the hell home when they feel sick. 

EDIT - 14,000 Americans alone have died from regular flu this flu season while 5000 worldwide have died from Coronavirus. Like I said, massive overreactions going on around the world. 

I’m with you on the overreactions, however if you think about the % of deaths vs number of diagnosed virus the corona virus is more deadly.

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I think it's more about it being new and trying to contain it. Overreact now and prevent something worse from happening as opposed to waiting until after it's out of hand. Italy reported over 2,000 new cases in one day...this thing can travel quickly.

53 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

I’m with you on the overreactions, however if you think about the % of deaths vs number of diagnosed virus the corona virus is more deadly.

Think it's peak projected rate is 3.8% mortality. The numbers are skewed in America right now due to it hitting a nursing home in Washington state. I get it but banning fans completely is a bit too much. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

We have a vaccine for H1N1 and the Flu, we don't have a vaccine for this and it's incredibly virulent and spreading incredibly quickly. The point is to overreact to keep it contained, SARS was contained to China and we still don't fully know how many people it killed in like 3 months, the point in keeping it this way is that the system literally cannot handle as many cases as will happen at once, flooding the entire thing with more patients than it can handle. Then someone with another illness can have to wait to get treated and suffer or die because of the overload.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Think it's peak projected rate is 3.8% mortality. The numbers are skewed in America right now due to it hitting a nursing home in Washington state. I get it but banning fans completely is a bit too much. 

Well that number is going to always be high because you will have people that get it and get over it without ever going to see a doctor. 

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Fred holberg just proved tonight why they have to overreact. He on the bench in a full stadium looking like he about to fall out. Coming into contact with players, coaches and fans. Cause he wanted to coach. Ugh. 

Sounds like there’s a good chance we see tournament get cancelled. If pros deem it unsafe to play, how are they gonna let kids?

That being said, Corona isn’t some magical virus that is going to spontaneously form in stadiums. With the amount of money at stake, why not just test every player and staff member iof each team? Those who test positive don’t travel. So yes, some entire teams may end up barred... better than no tourney. Extreme measure, sure, but how many millions does the NCAA and teams combined lose from not having a tournament at all? (I assume CBS has some clause in contract that reimbursed them if no games are played)z

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Sounds like there’s a good chance we see tournament get cancelled. If pros deem it unsafe to play, how are they gonna let kids?

That being said, Corona isn’t some magical virus that is going to spontaneously form in stadiums. With the amount of money at stake, why not just test every player and staff member iof each team? Those who test positive don’t travel. So yes, some entire teams may end up barred... better than no tourney. Extreme measure, sure, but how many millions does the NCAA and teams combined lose from not having a tournament at all? (I assume CBS has some clause in contract that reimbursed them if no games are played)z

So play Russian roulette with kids health. You can test now. And than all it takes is one kid or coach to catch it after you test. One of the kids family members to give to have it and pass it to their kids. Italy was literally in the same spot we are in about a month or so ago and they went on as business as usual. Now they are totally shutdown and dont got enough space for all the sick. As a parent. My son ain't playing. My kids probably are done with school on Friday. 

• Like 1