1970s Sci-Fi - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

In this thread we will be deciding the fifth entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Sci-Fi movie from the 1970s!

Please see rules at the following thread:

Nominations are open! Please be clear that you are nominating flicks. Movies with 3+ nominations will make it into the polling phase. POSTERS WILL BE LIMITED TO FIVE NOMINATIONS. If you nominate more than 5 I will only count the top five. The changes in edited posts will not be counted. Nominations will close Saturday, 3/14/2020 at 12pm EST. 

@Calvert28 @THE DUKE @FinneasGage @FourThreeMafia  @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn@Pickle Rick

Official nominations:

Solaris

Invasion of the Bodysnatchers (mostly because that dog with a human face scene ****ed me up),

Alien

Stalker

Star Wars because why Fight it?

Honorable Mentions:

Close Encounters of the Third Kind, A Clockwork Orange, Fantastic Planet.

Alien
Star Wars IV: A New Hope
Stalker
Mad Max
Westworld

Stalker will not win the period but will do fine in fantasy potentially.  Is an absolutely outstanding movie but sadly Solaris freaking sucks.  How the same director can make Stalker, a beautiful movie that is a really unique story and also make Solaris, a movie with an awful first hour or so and a surprisingly anticlimactic middle and end.    

The bottom two are just so so, especially Westworld but might as well put five in.   A Clockwork Orange is so disturbing it is hard to nominate it honestly, that movie was disturbing as hell.  

If this not a clear win for Alien something is seriously wrong.  

53 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Solaris not getting enough credit.  The only Tarkovsky movie I actually enjoyed watching. 

I can't imagine you'll find  Dark City boring if you can make it through Solaris.

I like it, Stalker, and Andrei Rublev, and the Sacrifice too though

34 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Star Wars A New Hope. It completely changed sci-fi movies forever.

a shameless ripoff of a superior film from 25 years prior changed everything?  how sad.

Solaris

Stalker

Soylent Green

ClockWork Orange

Plan IV

hm:

the Black Hole, Alien (this is a horror movie with s space setting, not really scifi), Andromeda Strain (seems timely) , man who Fell to Earth,