NBA has suspended the season

KhanYouDigIt

Just now, Troy Brown said:

why not? this doesn't mean that exactly, a couple weeks off after taking precautions against the players and making sure they are healthy and go back to playing in empty arenas to salvage the season. i'm just not sure if it's worth it 

I mean they NEED the TV money, like the league depends on it, but idk if this continues to spiral and uh, considering how badly the US govt in particular is seemingly determined to **** every aspect of this up (Charlie Baker not cancelling those events says hi) I think it's a safe bet it will continue to spiral, idk man.

4 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The real question is "do they ever even resume the season and play playoff games" and I'm leaning towards... no.

I think they will. They might shorten the rest of the regular season or even just go right to the playoffs, but they won't cancel the season unless this outbreak becomes truly crazy out of control.

10 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

So Rudy like never plays again right? lol. If you're ever gonna blacklist a guy

He touched microphones and has a virus spread by cough/sneeze particles coming into contact with another's face. I'm not even a Jazz fan but this thought is ridiculous. 

• Like 2

Cancel the season. Come back in April with a tourney for the 8th seed and all the teams in the lotto. Winners make the playoffs. 

then a single elimination tourney of the top 8 to determine playoff seeding. Then start the playoffs. 

every team gets a chance. Every team gets at least 3 games to get back ready to play. 

we still get playoffs. 

teams that have earned a spot won’t be in danger of losing it.