Packers to release TE Jimmy Graham

{Family Ghost}

9 hours ago, cannondale said:

We are totally in on Hooper .... until Day One of FA. GM's have confidence in their draft picks, sometimes too much so. I expect a bargain basement TE signing with Sternberger given every chance to start. There are much bigger fish to fry

I could see an  attempt to trade for Hayden Hurst.  He's got a real reasonable cap number and has a couple years left on his deal. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I could see an  attempt to trade for Hayden Hurst.  He's got a real reasonable cap number and has a couple years left on his deal. 

I'd certainly welcome that. Hell, I'd love it if we traded Josh Jackson for Hurst straight up.

Wishful thinking...I know...

On 3/11/2020 at 7:31 PM, Outpost31 said:

Sad for Jimmy, but it’s the right move.  Maybe he won’t find a new team and we’ll be able to add him at some point in the season so he can get a ring.

Yes, it was a shame it never worked out for him and the team.

On 3/12/2020 at 9:23 AM, vegas492 said:

I think Henry is going to be franchised.  And if he's not...he's gonna be way too expensive.

Hooper?  I feel like the club is interested in him.  I am not.  He's a good TE, but I feel like Sternberger is quicker and better than him with his upside.

I hope they roll out Sternberger as their receiving TE.  Tonyan as their all around tight end and bring back Lewis as the blocking TE.

I'm just gun shy about spending more free agent dollars on a tight end.  Sternberger showed me enough in limited action last year.

Yes, we've screwed that up a couple of times in the last few years.

4 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

Maybe we can kick the tires on Colt Lyerla...after he gets out of prison!?

You should have used a blue font here.  On a Brewers forum I post on that is what we do when we are being sarcastic/funny.  ;)

22 minutes ago, Pugger said:

You should have used a blue font here.  On a Brewers forum I post on that is what we do when we are being sarcastic/funny.  ;)

I figured the post itself was sarcastic enough xD

In all seriousness, I was excited about the kid. Really unfortunate the way his life has gone. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'd be down for Walker for "cheap" but everyone's too snake bitten by old tight ends right now

2012-2017 - he had good numbers. If we could get that guy, I'm all for it.
2018-2019 - he played a total of 8 games. I'm not aware of his injury history, but that would be my biggest hedge against signing him. He's been around for awhile and (apparently) is having a hard(er) time staying healthy.

Edited by Leader