Will Fuller returns to practice

ET80

57 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Might be a little too early but I wonder if O'Brien plans on putting Fuller as the punt returner Sunday.  Ervin simply isn't getting the job done back there and Fuller averaged 15 yards a punt return including a TD vs the Titans last season.

He's been listed as our #1 punt returner on the "unofficial depth chart" the Texans release every week.  Of course, the Texans PR Staff cares about as much about attention to detail as Bill O'Brien does in a 2 minute drill. Greg Mancz is still our backup center and Alfred Blue is our #2 RB according to the depth chart. 

Personally, I think him playing this week at all is ill-advised from both an injury (wanna lay odds on him pulling a hammy even out there as a decoy?) and a lack of practice w/Waston perspective, but if he is back there returning a punt anytime soon, we are even more stupid Rick Smith looks pretending to talk on his cell phone.  Ervin has been just fine back there and unlike Fuller, is actually built to take the punishment PRs receive. Perfectly fine with sticking him back there a few times per season in high leverage situations, but for goodness sakes wait until after the bye before exposing him to getting drilled by guys outweighing him by 20-30 lbs running full speed in the opposite direction.  You know he's not going to call a fair catch, so we're just begging for trouble. Of course, with Bill O'Brien's "tough guy" history of making injury decisions that hurt this team (Fido, Watt, Hoyer, Foster, Clowney) and one's he got lucky on (rushing D.Brown back from torn quad, playing Hopkins within a week of concussion), I have no doubt O'Brien will expose his 170lb / hair-weave-wider-than-his-shoulders WR to enough punishment to ensure generic fodder like Andy Jones and Chris Thompson fill up roster spots meant to house actual NFL players. 

Archived