Vaccarro. Playa', not player

Mid Iowa

I can't help but to think Vaccarro is a playa'. Yeah, he can hit hard. Yeah, he has some good games. But he's not the player we need.

In his comments this week, he said "I don't know why I was pulled".

The CBS commentary had a different story to tell. The series right before Vaccarro was pulled, Tony Romo on CBS was outstanding. He pulled up 2 previous plays with Vaccarro and said "That's a cover 3, and you need to cover (specific area) and he was nowhere to be found" and "That's a cover 2, and he was so far out of position, I'll be surprised if he's on the field for the next series!". AND Romo was right. He was on the bench the next series.

So an all pro QB now commentator immediately identified the issues with Vaccarro, and stated he'd be pulled, and he was right... yet Vaccarro "don't know"?

So is Vaccarro just playin' us, or does he really not know that he totally screwed up? Either is bad, because if he doesn't know after 4 full seasons in the NFL, he should be gone immediately, and if he does know where he screwed up, he should own it, or put a cork in it, because that's just flat out disrespecting your coaches AND teammates by trying to sell it to the media.

Good point Mid.

my issue is, that EVERYONE in coverage looks that lost.

in college we had a chemistry test and EVERY student missed one specific question on the test. The professor gave everyone points for the question and said "if all of you missed this, it means I didn't cover it well enough in class."

Im wondering if the Saints professors are covering everything well enough or if the students are being set up for failure

11 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Good point Mid.

my issue is, that EVERYONE in coverage looks that lost.

in college we had a chemistry test and EVERY student missed one specific question on the test. The professor gave everyone points for the question and said "if all of you missed this, it means I didn't cover it well enough in class."

Im wondering if the Saints professors are covering everything well enough or if the students are being set up for failure

Great lesson learned by the prof, and also something @whodatworm23 has been talking about. Everything points back to one consistent piece, coaching.

I highly doubt Vaccro is unaware what a cover 2 and 3 entails... However, when your asked to play multipule positions (LB, SS, FS, NB) in multipule different schemes since your arrival in New Orleans i can see where he can get confused in certin situations. Not to give him a pass because he played terrible but i think there is far more to the story than just Vaccaro being out of position... As he stated after the game... "Just trying to be a good pro, a good teammate". Translation... Im taking the high road.

4 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

I highly doubt Vaccro is unaware what a cover 2 and 3 entails... However, when your asked to play multipule positions (LB, SS, FS, NB) in multipule different schemes since your arrival in New Orleans i can see where he can get confused in certin situations. Not to give him a pass because he played terrible but i think there is far more to the story than just Vaccaro being out of position... As he stated after the game... "Just trying to be a good pro, a good teammate". Translation... Im taking the high road.

Agreed.

damn I'm mad we're ruining this kids career. Loved him coming out.

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

Agreed.

damn I'm mad we're ruining this kids career. Loved him coming out.

All players have certin flaws, some more than others. Vaccaro isnt perfect but hes much better than what this coaching staff has gotten out of him. The coaches job is to put the players in an environment where they can utlize what they do well while hiding thier deficiencies... The Saints are the absoulte worst at this and it shows. 

3 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Vaccaro isnt perfect but hes much better than what this coaching staff has gotten out of him.

Agreed. This is what I've been telling people in the NFL News thread about him. He's solid on the Saints with their level of coaching, imagine who he'd be with a coach that can develop defensive talent.

We all saw what he could do for a year before the Saints got their philosophy rammed down his throat.

You know, reading some comments and reflecting, I'll go a little easier on him. When I was younger I had a specific skill set and I was (by other people's words) one of the best in my business at the time. I worked for a horrible, money hungry boss who didn't give a crap about his contractors and that attitude made it pretty difficult for me to focus. We ended up hating each other.

Fast forward 20 years, I make more than he does. I have a great life. I get along great with the people I work with, and my skill set is far beyond what I ever thought it would be.

I was literally being held down. Once I got away, everything changed.

Coaching, boss, parents... whatever it is, maybe it's not all about the person that seems the most obvious. I'll change my observation of this Vacarro situation and revisit at another time.

Archived