So....curious.....anyone here have friends or family with Corona

HDsportsfan

In Ohio the cases steadily rise as I’m sure everyone else notices in there states and cities. Ohio issues a stay at home order yesterday which is pretty much a lock down in other terms. I wonder how many other non essential business are claiming to be essential during all this because I’ll say one thing. The company I work for is 100 percent nonessential yet once this order takes effect tonight I surely will be going to work regardless as operating as usual. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TheBeast23 said:

In Ohio the cases steadily rise as I’m sure everyone else notices in there states and cities. Ohio issues a stay at home order yesterday which is pretty much a lock down in other terms. I wonder how many other non essential business are claiming to be essential during all this because I’ll say one thing. The company I work for is 100 percent nonessential yet once this order takes effect tonight I surely will be going to work regardless as operating as usual. 

Yes. I'm also in Ohio and an "essential" worker, because I'm a network admin for a school district.   So now we'll have to have a form in our cars or we can get fined. 

58 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Yes. I'm also in Ohio and an "essential" worker, because I'm a network admin for a school district.   So now we'll have to have a form in our cars or we can get fined. 

Yeah sounds about right lol I work in demolition and currently demoing a school  which falls under the appropriate infrastructure allowed to continue 

3 hours ago, TheBeast23 said:

Yeah sounds about right lol I work in demolition and currently demoing a school  which falls under the appropriate infrastructure allowed to continue 

I am thankful I still have a job, and have no problem working in a safe setting,  but it just feels like this ordinance will do nothing but allow the police to fine individuals that have to go to work.  #cashgrab

I'm self employed/half owner for over 25 years of an IT support/services company. I don't believe we fall under "essential Business". However, depending on who you ask they might think otherwise. We do work for several local gov't entities and such. And we have been extremely busy setting up our other commercial customers VPN's for remote access and teleworking and setting up remote phones etc.

We ourselves will be working from home starting tomorrow and see how that goes. But we do managed services and some calls can't al be done remotely as well as no one at the office to receive shipments for product/parts etc. It's a big 'ol giant cluster F at the moment.

Edited by HDsportsfan

1 hour ago, HDsportsfan said:

I'm self employed/half owner for over 25 years of an IT support/services company. I don't believe we fall under "essential Business". However, depending on who you ask they might think otherwise. We do work for several local gov't entities and such. And we have been extremely busy setting up our other commercial customers VPN's for remote access and teleworking and setting up remote phones etc.

We ourselves will be working from home starting tomorrow and see how that goes. But we do managed services and some calls can't al be done remotely as well as no one at the office to receive shipments for product/parts etc. It's a big 'ol giant cluster F at the moment.

IT is essential.

Anyone who says otherwise is living 30 years ago and doesn't understand today's world. 

• Like 1

Checking in here from Vancouver island. Got laid off from my Hotel. But everyone in the hospitality industry is obviously dealing with layoffs as it is not essential work.

Government is taking wellcare of us with immediate employment insurance benefits and applications. So I'm quite honestly not even that stressed at this moment and enjoying some time off and I have been working mad hours the past year.

I can confirm 2 people from the public service sector in sanitation have contracted it from my mini community in my city.

Overall looking decent on my island as we have handled it pretty well and cancelled all cruise ships from docking into our island from weeks ago.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

IT is 100% essential.  Especially when people are asked to WFH, the reliability on tech at the moment has never been higher. 

3 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Checking in here from Vancouver island. Got laid off from my Hotel. But everyone in the hospitality industry is obviously dealing with layoffs as it is not essential work.

Government is taking wellcare of us with immediate employment insurance benefits and applications. So I'm quite honestly not even that stressed at this moment and enjoying some time off and I have been working mad hours the past year.

I can confirm 2 people from the public service sector in sanitation have contracted it from my mini community in my city.

Overall looking decent on my island as we have handled it pretty well and cancelled all cruise ships from docking into our island from weeks ago.

Stay safe, healthy and sane! 

DOD IT contractor. Working from home. One of the guys in another building for another organization passed away on the 21st. He was over 60 years old. It is confirmed he had corona along with 2 other people. The other 2 are quarantine. Everyone is basically working at home. Anyone that doesn't can come in to their buildings. It's basically a ghost town here in the DC/VA area. 

Our Prime Minister basically said today on the topic of people not embracing social distancing that enough is enough.  Go home and stay home.  Personally I think it is one last warning before our Emergency Measures Act is enforced which will see curfews enforced.  Only essential travel - food and medical appointments allowed.  I don't like it but I can't blame our federal government if it gets to this point.  People are not getting it.

And **** just got real for me. Wife and I just got put on Quarantine for Covid-19. Wife has possible symptoms. She is a postal employee As a rural mail carrier and has been working through all the shut downs here just like me. She has to get tested and is setting up all that now. Our Dr said that once she is tested, it will be 5-8 days till the results come back

4 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

And **** just got real for me. Wife and I just got put on Quarantine for Covid-19. Wife has possible symptoms. She is a postal employee As a rural mail carrier and has been working through all the shut downs here just like me. She has to get tested and is setting up all that now. Our Dr said that once she is tested, it will be 5-8 days till the results come back

I hope it comes back negative. If it doesn't, be safe and get well soon, my good man.