So....curious.....anyone here have friends or family with Corona

HDsportsfan

I bought extra TP because when I got to the store the shelves were near empty. There were about eight 4 packs of charmin left. I grabbed 3 of them. Left some for whoever came after me, but when I pulled up there was a dude with a whole basket of nothing but TP

5 hours ago, acowboys62 said:

Anyone partake in the TP madness?  They had local cops at all of the big box stores in my area Friday and this morning.  Really is a crazy sight to see. We get Hurricane and Blizzard warnings and people don't really do much of anything. Even in 2009 people were not reacting like this. 

I stocked up on meat, but that is mostly for my dog as he is on a raw diet and every single Costco/Grocery store in my area is crazy low on chuck meats.  If stuff really hits the fan, my dog survives on grade a beef and I get to eat protein powder and tuna fish. 

Not partaking in TP madness.  Stores are limiting quantities now.  Considering buying a bidet attachment for my toilet.   Worst case scenario "$hit & shower".

• Like 1

Unfortunately my wife just got word tonight that starting Monday the group she’s works for will be dealing directly with all suspected corona virus cases at our local hospital. Mostly due to the hospitals incompetency and how badly they have botched a few suspected cases. 

Wish her luck gents! 

• Like 4

I’m in CT, I don’t know anyone that has it just yet, but it’s making its way up 95 from NYC so it’s only a matter of time. I work at a power plant, they’re talking about locking us down and quarantining us there for 2-3 weeks (I guess electricity is essential these days). The paycheck would be fantastic, but being away from the family for that long would be gut wrenching, especially if one of them were to come down with the virus.

39 minutes ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

I’m in CT, I don’t know anyone that has it just yet, but it’s making its way up 95 from NYC so it’s only a matter of time. I work at a power plant, they’re talking about locking us down and quarantining us there for 2-3 weeks (I guess electricity is essential these days). The paycheck would be fantastic, but being away from the family for that long would be gut wrenching, especially if one of them were to come down with the virus.

That ain't right for them to do.  I get the need for power and stuff but forcing staff to stay onsite.  Hardly seems ok.  I feel like I would be worse off in a situation like that than just getting the virus. 

5 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

That ain't right for them to do.  I get the need for power and stuff but forcing staff to stay onsite.  Hardly seems ok.  I feel like I would be worse off in a situation like that than just getting the virus. 

What if you have a kid with severe asthma or diabetes?  I can't see how they can do that.  Maybe if we ever invested in infrastructure and upgraded the electrical grid. 

• Like 1

No there’s no forcing, we all volunteer for it. The guys who don’t want to do it will get paid to stay home. With my current financial situation, it’s hard to turn down 2-3 weeks of being paid double time and a half for every minute I’m there...I’m lucky to have a very strong wife who can handle a stretch like that, but if something were to happen to my family, they’d have a hard time keeping away from them.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

No there’s no forcing, we all volunteer for it. The guys who don’t want to do it will get paid to stay home. With my current financial situation, it’s hard to turn down 2-3 weeks of being paid double time and a half for every minute I’m there...I’m lucky to have a very strong wife who can handle a stretch like that, but if something were to happen to my family, they’d have a hard time keeping away from them.

If they're allowing elective stays, youd think there would be an option for leaving in emergencies. This part of the country has some of the oldest electrical grid in the world IIRC, so I understand the need for constant vigilance but staying for 3 straight weeks is asking for trouble. 

As a fellow CT resident, the Mass/NY Corona sandwich is coming hard and fast. Stay safe.