Any Other Sports?

Malfatron

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Australian Rules Football (AFL) should be back up and running in about 3-4 weeks.  and the NRL (Australian/NZ Rugby league) is hoping to be back up and running around May 28th.  The AFL has been carried on FS1 and Fox Soccer Plus, but they'll likely air a few extra games a week, as they did with the AFLW at the start of their season.

If I can, I'd love to recommend a pretty solid footy podcast, it would be my own.  :D  ayankonthefooty.podbean.com

or the AFL thread here on the forum.  

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 1:58 PM, Bucketheadsdad said:

Australian Rules Football (AFL) should be back up and running in about 3-4 weeks.  and the NRL (Australian/NZ Rugby league) is hoping to be back up and running around May 28th.  The AFL has been carried on FS1 and Fox Soccer Plus, but they'll likely air a few extra games a week, as they did with the AFLW at the start of their season.

If I can, I'd love to recommend a pretty solid footy podcast, it would be my own.  :D  ayankonthefooty.podbean.com

https://www.watchafl.com.au/   Footy is supposed to be back in mid June.  Want to see what all the excitement is about?  For $2, you can get a week's worth of checking out the game.

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 21.16.48.png

On 5/13/2020 at 3:58 AM, Bucketheadsdad said:

word is the SA and WA teams will have to be moved interstate because their state governments won't give the league the travel concessions... nrl luckily not having that issue because they only have eastern seaboard states and new zealand and exemptions are all locked in

16 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Yep.  I heard that the SA government is not allowing the Power and Crows to come in and out.  

ditto WA for the Dockers and the Eagles. heard queensland could be used as a base for some of them but that's four teams they'll have to resettle which isn't easy

eddie mcguire is on the task force for getting it ready though and like him or not he's a brilliant business mind and should be providing some very valuable input to getting things up and running again

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

ditto WA for the Dockers and the Eagles. heard queensland could be used as a base for some of them but that's four teams they'll have to resettle which isn't easy

eddie mcguire is on the task force for getting it ready though and like him or not he's a brilliant business mind and should be providing some very valuable input to getting things up and running again

Thought you'd be interested in knowing that I interviewed Ricky Nixon for this week's episode.  I know he has had some issues in his life, but I went in a whole different direction with this interview, and I was thrilled when he told me at the end that it was nice to have a unique line of questioning.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Thought you'd be interested in knowing that I interviewed Ricky Nixon for this week's episode.  I know he has had some issues in his life, but I went in a whole different direction with this interview, and I was thrilled when he told me at the end that it was nice to have a unique line of questioning.  

oh i'll take a listen! that is a great way of going about an interview because the other stories have been hashed and rehashed ad nauseum by the media that you read here

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

oh i'll take a listen! that is a great way of going about an interview because the other stories have been hashed and rehashed ad nauseum by the media that you read here

That was episode 24, and I am really doing my best to not have my interview have "gotcha" questions.  I've really tried to dig deep into the people that I bring on, such as in episode 12, which was with a young man that played footy in LA, but then spent a year working and playing footy in Australia.  I reached out to the club he played with in Australia to get some fun questions to ask him during the interview.  For each interview, I set up a googledoc that I share with the person, to allow them to see where my avenue of questioning is coming from, while giving them an opportunity to add things onto the doc that they'd like to ensure that I cover.

• Like 1