Hit the Rhodes Xavier... and don't you come back no more no more

The Gnat

Sad to see them go, but both are not even half the players they once were and do not deserve the money they would have been paid this season.

Mike Hughes currently as the only legit CB on the roster signed, and maybe Holton Hill but cannot really even include him.  Hope we do not reach and just get a CB to get a CB regardless of value or need.  I really hope it is not a situation where the Vikings have to draft Trevon Diggs to not piss off Stefon, that would be freaking awful.  Trevon is a decent player but I would rather have AJ Terrell honestly or even Winfield at safety, or OL/DL would make a ton of sense also, but what Stefon will be butt hurt even more than he already has been if we do not take his brother?  

Some FA corners and defensive tackles.

Logan Ryan
Johnathan Joseph
Prince Amukamara
Jimmy Smith

Jarran Reed
Leonard Williams
Gerald McCoy

Jarran Reed might be able to be purchased for a reasonable price, and Jonathan Joseph is old but is a very good corner, and Prince Amukamara would not be crazy expensive either.  Logan Ryan is ideal but might be out of the price range.  Leonard Williams is interesting but with his age might cost a little much.  Will be really interesting how they plan on filling all the holes that they have currently.  

5 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I like the idea of Reed. Joseph is already 35 years old.

Vikings would never draft a player to make another player happy unless is made sense for the team.

I know Jonathan Joseph is old but he is good and might not be that expensive.  Fact is Trevon Diggs makes sense for the team and they need a CB no doubt now that Rhodes is gone.  And with Stefon, the dude was recently seen working out with a Arizona Cardinals shirt on, so honestly the guy is either really stupid or just wants to leave the team because he is not getting the ball enough.

MicrosoftTeams-image-1.png

Say AJ Epenesa drops and they do move on from Everson Griffen, or say Gallimore is there in the 1st round.  They take Trevon Diggs just because of Stefon and to make him happy?  Trevon has not worked out yet to show his athletic ability, and who knows if the Bama pro day will take place, Gallimore showed at the combine he is a beast athletically and Epenesa is a great pass rusher based on his production.  They pass on either of them just to make Stefon happy?  Sadly I bet they would if they really want to please Stefon.  

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

I know Jonathan Joseph is old but he is good and might not be that expensive.  Fact is Trevon Diggs makes sense for the team and they need a CB no doubt now that Rhodes is gone.  And with Stefon, the dude was recently seen working out with a Arizona Cardinals shirt on, so honestly the guy is either really stupid or just wants to leave the team because he is not getting the ball enough.

MicrosoftTeams-image-1.png

Say AJ Epenesa drops and they do move on from Everson Griffen, or say Gallimore is there in the 1st round.  They take Trevon Diggs just because of Stefon and to make him happy?  Trevon has not worked out yet to show his athletic ability, and who knows if the Bama pro day will take place, Gallimore showed at the combine he is a beast athletically and Epenesa is a great pass rusher based on his production.  They pass on either of them just to make Stefon happy?  Sadly I bet they would if they really want to please Stefon.  

Rhodes thread. Not Diggs.

• Like 2

Just now, SemperFeist said:

I doubt these will be the only moves we hear about to create space. 

And, I’d be a little shocked if we don’t hear about an extension for either Waynes or Alexander. 

How about signing Anthony Harris instead of either of them.  Alexander maybe because I cannot imagine he would be asking for a ton of cash, he might be fine with around 2 million a year.  

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

How about signing Anthony Harris instead of either of them.  Alexander maybe because I cannot imagine he would be asking for a ton of cash, he might be fine with around 2 million a year.  

Zimmer said his position isn't that important in this defense and he's already 29 years old.

7 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Zimmer said his position isn't that important in this defense and he's already 29 years old.

Oh my goodness, might as well retire, five years in the league and he is done?  No, he is well worth a 3 year contract and is a better defensive back than Alexander or Waynes especially of late.  Not important?  It will be important if the only legit safety they have to start the season is Harrison Smith.   

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Oh my goodness, might as well retire, five years in the league and he is done?  No, he is well worth a 3 year contract and is a better defensive back than Alexander or Waynes especially of late.  Not important?  It will be important if the only legit safety they have to start the season is Harrison Smith.   

Are you physically incapable of staying on topic?

• Like 3