My thoughts after the Pats game

Mid Iowa

I'm hearing Snead quite a bit. Our offense is missing Snead, and when he comes back, it will all be better.

Well, the Patriots literally ran out of WRs this game, lost their big TE, and are playing brand new (to the team) running backs, and they made us look like a D-2 college. Our problems are MUCH deeper than a Snead/O-line problem.

My honest thoughts - The improved D has been a camp discussion, and a fan discussion. Now we see that's bogus. The side effect is our offense has been practicing against the worst defense in the league, and that bar is set to the point where a "great" offensive performance in practice is actually just a regular performance by anyone else's standards, and now it's trickling down into the on-field performances against teams who actually have decent players/system.

The only bright spot I saw today was Latimore. That kid was playing for real!! I just hope this team doesn't wreck him before he gets too far in his career. He's all pro talent.

1 minute ago, Mid Iowa said:

I'm hearing Snead quite a bit. Our offense is missing Snead, and when he comes back, it will all be better.

Well, the Patriots literally ran out of WRs this game, lost their big TE, and are playing brand new (to the team) running backs, and they made us look like a D-2 college. Our problems are MUCH deeper than a Snead/O-line problem.

My honest thoughts - The improved D has been a camp discussion, and a fan discussion. Now we see that's bogus. The side effect is our offense has been practicing against the worst defense in the league, and that bar is set to the point where a "great" offensive performance in practice is actually just a regular performance by anyone else's standards, and now it's trickling down into the on-field performances against teams who actually have decent players/system.

The only bright spot I saw today was Latimore. That kid was playing for real!! I just hope this team doesn't wreck him before he gets too far in his career. He's all pro talent.

Great post.

On 9/17/2017 at 7:31 PM, Mid Iowa said:

Fingers crossed.

On 9/17/2017 at 9:31 PM, Mid Iowa said:

The side effect is our offense has been practicing against the worst defense in the league

I first read this and it kind of terrified me lol. Then I remembered that our offense has been practicing against our garbage defense for years and still putting up big stats (even if they are padded). Hopefully they get back into their rhythm soon.

Archived