Lions released Rick Wagner.

flyguy1609

56 minutes ago, BZski said:

Trent Williams even with a year off is twice the OT that Conklin is. NOT...EVEN...CLOSE! I get the age thing but OTs tend to play longer i.e. Whitworth, Jason Peters, etc...My thing is that we are trading Slay, I dont think there is any argument there, if we cannot get a 2nd for him I would rather role the dice and trade for Trent Williams. There are injury concerns but when he plays he is still ELITE LT.

Would you give Williams a 4 year deal?

1 hour ago, BZski said:

Trent Williams even with a year off is twice the OT that Conklin is. NOT...EVEN...CLOSE! I get the age thing but OTs tend to play longer i.e. Whitworth, Jason Peters, etc...My thing is that we are trading Slay, I dont think there is any argument there, if we cannot get a 2nd for him I would rather role the dice and trade for Trent Williams. There are injury concerns but when he plays he is still ELITE LT.

Conklin was a top 5 RT last year.  He has been 3 of his four years in the league. He is legit.  Williams has fallen off, is hurt a lot, and wants big money.  Hard pass on that. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Conklin was a top 5 RT last year.  He has been 3 of his four years in the league. He is legit.  Williams has fallen off, is hurt a lot, and wants big money.  Hard pass on that. 

Not only that (which I completely agree with), but Williams would require compensation to acquire. It's hard for me to see the upside.

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Conklin is being SEVERELY overrated. He is an average starting RT. That is not worth what he is going to ask for. Please take your Sparty glasses off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Would you give Williams a 4 year deal?

I would. I know that would be a risk and would prefer a 2 yr deal considering his injury history but he is a 7x PB player and when he is on the field he is a difference maker.

1 minute ago, BZski said:

Conklin is being SEVERELY overrated. He is an average starting RT. That is not worth what he is going to ask for. Please take your Sparty glasses off.

Take off your bear skunk glasses and look at PFF and what others around the league are saying. Conklin is a top RT, Better than Decker, better than Williams. 

1 minute ago, BZski said:

I would. I know that would be a risk and would prefer a 2 yr deal considering his injury history but he is a 7x PB player and when he is on the field he is a difference maker.

Adrian Peterson has been to a lot of pro bowls too and he mad an impact three years ago too, would you give him a 4 year deal? 

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Take off your bear skunk glasses and look at PFF and what others around the league are saying. Conklin is a top RT, Better than Decker, better than Williams. 

You are dumb as F--- if you would give Jack freaking Conklin over 14 mil a year. CLOWN!

2 hours ago, BZski said:

You are dumb as F--- if you would give Jack freaking Conklin over 14 mil a year. CLOWN!

Lets calm it down here buddy. I think we can have a reasonable debate without resorting to disrespecting people.

Back on topic- the point he was making remains.. Aging vet with injury concerns who does make an impact when on the field and healthy. Problem being.. When.. On the field.

Me personally, I want to ride with Crosby and would prefer to grab a decent vet for backup and competition, while drafting some development in rounds 4 or 5. 

Edited by BarryTheBest
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BZski said:

This doesnt even deserve an answer.

It was literally your response for Williams with a different name in a similar position.  Who cares how many pro bowls he went to 10 years ago.  Williams hasn’t played in two years, was hurt the last year he played and isn’t someone I’m interested in giving money.  The top 5 RT, he I would pay.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BZski said:

Healthy tackles tend to play longer. Injured tackles don’t. Shall we remind you of what happened to Jake Long?

You’re being a Sparty hater right now. Saying he’s average while giving no evidence or facts on why you think that. Here’s the facts.... every source says he’s top 5 at his position. The titans board (who would know more about him than you) love him. Ever since he showed up to Tennessee, they have had a strong run game and quarterbacks that have been able to stay on their feet. 

• Like 3

Just now, HashtagFTW said:

Healthy tackles tend to play longer. Injured tackles don’t. Shall we remind you of what happened to Jake Long?

You’re being a Sparty hater right now. Saying he’s average while giving no evidence or facts on why you think that. Here’s the facts.... every source says he’s top 5 at his position. The titans board (who would know more about him than you) love him. Ever since he showed up to Tennessee, they have had a strong run game and quarterbacks that have been able to stay on their feet. 

I am not hating on anyone. If Jack Conklin was at the going rate of say 8-10 a year then I am all aboard. He is being rumored of getting $14+ which I say Hell NO too. That and saying Conklin is better than Trent Williams I adamantly disagree even right now with Williams being out last year (by choice) and his past injury history. Every time Trent Williams has stepped on an NFL field he has been an ELITE LT. I would never call Conklin ELITE. That is my point.

9 minutes ago, BZski said:

I am not hating on anyone. If Jack Conklin was at the going rate of say 8-10 a year then I am all aboard. He is being rumored of getting $14+ which I say Hell NO too. That and saying Conklin is better than Trent Williams I adamantly disagree even right now with Williams being out last year (by choice) and his past injury history. Every time Trent Williams has stepped on an NFL field he has been an ELITE LT. I would never call Conklin ELITE. That is my point.

You also said he’s average.