Cordy Glenn Released

SmittyBacall

9 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Dre and Andy are the only ones the are probably gone 

Yeah that's where I'm at too. They're probably still trying to trade those two, but realized nobody was biting on Glenn. 

Which, if we want to read between the lines, might mean they are getting nibbles on the other two and are maybe haggling about compensation. Or the other teams are working with agents on renegotiating deals. 

Good franchises don't sign people like Hart to the contract he got. But better late than never, they are facing the reality that he's not an NFL starter and will look for upgrades. The priority for this season should be keeping Burrow intact and getting his career off to a good start. That means O-line upgrades. Ideally it also means LB upgrades too. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Good franchises don't sign people like Hart to the contract he got. But better late than never, they are facing the reality that he's not an NFL starter and will look for upgrades. The priority for this season should be keeping Burrow intact and getting his career off to a good start. That means O-line upgrades. Ideally it also means LB upgrades too. 

I’m not convinced the team feels that way. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Bobby Hart is the starter at RT again this year. 

13 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I too am pessimistic about the Bengals management's ability to admit mistakes and fix them. Keeping Hart the starter at RT is one of the stupidest things they could do so it certainly can't be ruled out. 

The problem is they’ve dug themselves such a hole I don’t think they can address every roster issue in one offseason.