Week 2 Thoughts and Observations

WindyCity

44 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm also extremely curious what you would be saying if that was Cutler under center and not Glennon :ph34r:

I call it how it is.  If Jay was still under center for the Bears and had a game like that then I'd rip him same way like I did Glennon.  

Glennon so far has not been very good this season which isn't really a surprise to me.  Let's not rehash the whole "if Jay was still here" idea though.  They needed to move on from him, regardless of the fact that Glennon is getting paid more and playing worse.

Mike Glennon looks like an average league QB. Maybe a #2. The line looks unsteady and his rbs and wrs look sketchy. Tarik Cohen is a talent. But good teams protect their QB with quality players. The D looks below average and all will wear out over time. 

1 hour ago, Buddyboy said:

Mike Glennon looks like an average league QB. Maybe a #2. The line looks unsteady and his rbs and wrs look sketchy. Tarik Cohen is a talent. But good teams protect their QB with quality players. The D looks below average and all will wear out over time. 

Most of his play has not shown him to even be league average IMO. He has been abysmal for most of his games. 

On 9/19/2017 at 2:38 PM, WindyCity said:

It really is pathetic that my apathy has set in already.

It really pissed me off watching the 2nd time how little time the young guys got in the 2nd half of a blow out.

Shaheen, Bullard, RRH, Gentry, should all be playing a ton. Instead we roll Hicks out and rip more tread off the tires in a meaningless loss.

I thought the comment about not being able to lose productively was spot on. We got our asses handed to us and the game was over at half time. From that point the second half should have become a glorified preseason run for the developing second stringers, not only the QB (who needs live reps and would have then been getting them against a #1 defense playing to protect a 4 score lead - a great get your feet wet moment IMO) but also Shaheen, RRH, Bullard and all the DBs. Missed opportunity from a team full of future (hopeful) players who need all the ones they can get. 

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I thought the comment about not being able to lose productively was spot on. We got our asses handed to us and the game was over at half time. From that point the second half should have become a glorified preseason run for the developing second stringers, not only the QB (who needs live reps and would have then been getting them against a #1 defense playing to protect a 4 score lead - a great get your feet wet moment IMO) but also Shaheen, RRH, Bullard and all the DBs. Missed opportunity from a team full of future (hopeful) players who need all the ones they can get. 

Exactly. Could you imagine if Hicks, Howard, or Floyd had been lost in that second half? Would have been the cause of a hell of a lot more animosity.

Archived