Pre FA Mock

rampantjet

These are things that i hope will happen while trying to be somewhat realistic.  I am using the draft networks board to determine if guys will still be on the board.  I have rearranged it in small ways as i feel like they have a few guys on the board really late who won't be.

Cuts:

Tru- Duh

Avery Williamson-  I like the guy but his main trait is being a good run defender and we were great without him.  We are getting Mosley back which makes his spot even easier to fill 

Daryl Roberts- Duh

Josh Bellemy- Duh

Jonathan Harrison-  We really should be able to find an equal or better back up than him for less money, if not we don't deserve nice things

Nate Hairston-  Had a few ok games and was pretty terrible after that.

Resignings:

Winters- He takes a 3 mill pay cut

Robby Anderson- We end up reaching an agreement with him for 12 mill per.  I do actually think he wants to be here, and he has good rapport with Sam

Neville Hewitt-  He played pretty well in spurts last year, and that was him being the lead dog in the middle.  With Mosley back next to him i think that makes his life even easier.  2.5 per

Alex Lewis-  We seem to like him... for some reason.  He would be a quality back up, but i think this offseason hasn't gone great if he is a starter going into the year.  

FA:

Hal Vaitai OT- Guy is just a solid player.  Can play LT, RT, and OG if needed.  He gives us some flexibility along the line, but he will end up starting at one spot or another.  10 Mill per

Graham Glasgow OG/C-  Another solid guy with position flexibility.  Can play OG or C for us.  I see him ending up at guard due to our next signing.  11 mill per

Conner McGovern C-  Had a good year last year at C and brings a steady hand to our pivot spot.  It will be nice to have a guy with some experience with Sam under center.  10 mill per.

Prince Amukamara CB-  Actually played fairly well last year, but is clearly an aging guy.  He gives us at very least a steady hand opposite whoever wins the other job.  7 mill per

Donte Fowler Jr-  He's not my favorite, but we have to take a chance to find an edge at some point.  I don't think the league trusts him a ton either, so we get him for 14 mill per.  

Like every team we structure these deals so they have lesser cap hits in year 1.  We end up with around 15 mill in space going into the draft and season.  

Draft:

1st:  Jedrick Wills OT-  We get super lucky with our first pick, but only because the NFL does weird things due to combine numbers.  Wills had a good day but other guys lit the combine on fire.  But when it comes to play on the field Wills is the best of them and also the most ready to be good in the league from day 1.  It can be argued that others have a higher ceiling, but it's a ceiling for a reason, guys rarely reach their ceiling.  He can play LT or RT so it will shake out in training camp.  If i had to guess we would end up with him at LT and Big V at RT.  

2nd:  Brandon Aiyuk WR-  Played well above his timed speed, and jumped out of the gym.  Add in the fact that the dude has offensive tackle vines for arms, he is great in contested catches.  Is a good route runner though he could improve in this area with pro coaching.  The last thing that i really love about him is that can house short receptions with his good YAC abilities. 

3rd:  Josh Uche EDGE-  Dude was damn near unblockable at the senior bowl.  Is a bit under sized but he can get to the QB and can play off ball some.  I really like this guy and we are super happy that he fell to us.  

3rd:  Damon Arnette CB-  Very smooth mover with great feet.  Good in man and can play some zone.  Falls a bit due to a pretty good CB class and not testing quite as well as expected at the combine.  He goes into a CB room with Prince, Bless, and whatever else we can scrounge up.  

4th:  Antonio Gibson RB/WR-  This guy could be an explosive piece that we can use all over the field.  He was a legit WR in college and also a legit RB as well.  I think he probably ends up seeing more snaps at RB than WR for us but he could be a really fun weapon, and be what i hoped Montgomery could be for us last year.  

5th:  Michael Onwenu OG-  This is a big big boy.  6'3 350 and an insane amount of it is in his lower body.  He is a people mover.  He will come in and compete with Winters and Edoga for our RG spot.  Worst case he loses out and can develop on the bench for a year.  

6th:  Jauan Jennings WR-  Had a horrible combine, but the guy just gets it done on the field.  Fights for the ball and fights for every yard after.  Worst case he is actually that slow on the field and we miss out on a 6th rounder

6th:  Reggie Robinson III CB-  Under rated CB with good size.  Gives Gregg another piece to work with and develop.