Draft Day Predictions & Things You Think You Know

Mind Character

Draft Day Prediction Polls  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Excluding Chase Young, Who Will Be the First Non-QB Selected in the NFL Draft?

• Derrick Brown, NT Auburn
    • Mekhi Becton, OT Louisville
    • Jedrick Wills Jr., OT Alabama
    • Isaiah Simmons, LB/ND Clemson
    • Jeffrey Okudah, CB Ohio State
    • Andrew Thomas, OT Georgia
    • Tristan Wirfs, OG/OT Iowa
    • CeeDee Lamb, WR Oklahoma
    • Jerry Jeudy, WR Alabama
  2. 2. Who Do the Lions Select if they stay at 3 overall?

• Jedrick Wills Jr., OT Alabama
    • Mekhi Becton, OT Lousiville
    • Justin Herbert, QB Oregon
    • Tua Tagovailoa, QB Alabama
    • Isaiah Simmons, LB/DS Clemson
    • Derrick Brown, NT Auburn
    • Jeffey Okudah, CB Ohio State
  3. 3. Do the Browns Trade Down?

34 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

As situational pass rushers? I think there are some guys there that could be decent. JMHO

Oh, there are, I just wouldn't describe it as a depth position in this draft. There's always some potential situational rush guys available in that range. If anything I feel like this is a weak year for edge players.

Predictions that I feel pretty good about: 

Browns draft Becton if they stay put at 10 or Ezra Cleveland in a trade down to 15/16. 

Isaiah Simmons drops to 9 where he is taken by either the Jaguars or the Falcons in a trade up. 

Ross Blacklock is the Raiders second first round pick. 

The mid to late 20s are linebacker land: Patrick Queen to the Saints, Kenneth Murray to the Ravens, and Zack Baun to the Pats ( I think they pushed the diluted sample stuff out so he'd for sure be there). 

There are no trade ups for QBs in the first round. 

On 4/15/2020 at 1:05 PM, freakygeniuskid said:

Oh, there are, I just wouldn't describe it as a depth position in this draft. There's always some potential situational rush guys available in that range. If anything I feel like this is a weak year for edge players.

I think that this is a super weak class for EDGE players at the top tier. You've basically got Chase Young, and then a huge dropoff into late 1st/early 2nd rounders like Espinesa, the kid from Alabama, and other flawed guys like Chaisson/the kid from PSU, not to mention the kid from Wisky who had the diluted sample who isn't an elite athlete/doesn't have the elite length many like to see.

I am betting one of/multiple of these guys fall into the late 2nd/early third, on top of others that have similar value as pass rushing types.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I think that this is a super weak class for EDGE players at the top tier. You've basically got Chase Young, and then a huge dropoff into late 1st/early 2nd rounders like Espinesa, the kid from Alabama, and other flawed guys like Chaisson/the kid from PSU, not to mention the kid from Wisky who had the diluted sample who isn't an elite athlete/doesn't have the elite length many like to see.

I am betting one of/multiple of these guys fall into the late 2nd/early third, on top of others that have similar value as pass rushing types.

I agree that the talent is 💩, but I think many still go round 1.

Like QB’s, pass rushers get overdrafted due to need.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I agree that the talent is 💩, but I think many still go round 1.

Like QB’s, pass rushers get overdrafted due to need.

I don't disagree. That said, if all of these EDGE guys and QB's get drafted Round 1, then that means fallers in other positions, like the loaded WR and RB positions, not to mention the CB class that I personally think is pretty solid.

I know WR isn't a "need", but if we are staring a blue chip type prospect in the face in Round 3, we should pull the trigger. Any time you can get a surefire starting caliber player, let alone perhaps a Pro Bowl talent, that's impossible to pass up on IMO.

30 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I don't disagree. That said, if all of these EDGE guys and QB's get drafted Round 1, then that means fallers in other positions, like the loaded WR and RB positions, not to mention the CB class that I personally think is pretty solid.

I know WR isn't a "need", but if we are staring a blue chip type prospect in the face in Round 3, we should pull the trigger. Any time you can get a surefire starting caliber player, let alone perhaps a Pro Bowl talent, that's impossible to pass up on IMO.

Im all for taking bpa, you don’t go broke taking a profit.

Obviously you have to balance need and talent, but I think that’s most applicable R1.  Day 2 and on, if you see great value, take them.

My biggest prediction actually has nothing to do with the Browns, but rather the Steelers. I've seen a lot of mocks having them get their future QB in the 2nd, but I think that they try to "run it back" a couple more times with Ben and company. I think that they look at that defense and those skill players at the WR position, keep Connor, and draft a legit STUD RB (Taylor, Dobbins, Swift) in the 2nd, which is a nightmare scenario for us, and say "why not us?" 2020-2022.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think they’re a complete wildcard.

I could see a receiver also tbh.  

19 minutes ago, zelbell said:

Usually their pick is leaked leading up to the draft......be interesting to see what it looks like in a couple of days

22 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Seen a couple people claiming it's Simmons via a leak, which would match the deep OT class comment.

And it would be Gettleman who uses the words "thick" and "deep" about the big boys of the draft.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Seen a couple people claiming it's Simmons via a leak, which would match the deep OT class comment.

And it would be Gettleman who uses the words "thick" and "deep" about the big boys of the draft.

Yeah, or he's trying to leverage a trade back in the most Gettleman way possible, which is actually making your draft slot seem less valuable than it actually is.

"Eh, Pick 4 or Pick 12, I guess we're really getting the same player, so who wants to make a deal?"

• Like 1