Draft Day Predictions & Things You Think You Know

Mind Character

Draft Day Prediction Polls  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Excluding Chase Young, Who Will Be the First Non-QB Selected in the NFL Draft?

• Derrick Brown, NT Auburn
    • Mekhi Becton, OT Louisville
    • Jedrick Wills Jr., OT Alabama
    • Isaiah Simmons, LB/ND Clemson
    • Jeffrey Okudah, CB Ohio State
    • Andrew Thomas, OT Georgia
    • Tristan Wirfs, OG/OT Iowa
    • CeeDee Lamb, WR Oklahoma
    • Jerry Jeudy, WR Alabama
  2. 2. Who Do the Lions Select if they stay at 3 overall?

• Jedrick Wills Jr., OT Alabama
    • Mekhi Becton, OT Lousiville
    • Justin Herbert, QB Oregon
    • Tua Tagovailoa, QB Alabama
    • Isaiah Simmons, LB/DS Clemson
    • Derrick Brown, NT Auburn
    • Jeffey Okudah, CB Ohio State
  3. 3. Do the Browns Trade Down?

16 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I’m old enough to remember a time where we all laughed at Dave Gettleman while seated on John Dorsey’s thrown. 

Those were fun memories. 

Correction ... people laughed while sitting at the feet of John Dorsey's throne eagerly awaiting their duties as the royal ball washer.

Little did they know that Freddie Kitchens, the hand of the King, was actually a court jester about to bring the whole thing down.

But seriously, that meteoric down-fall from "we're building a statue for Dorsey and we're going to the superbowl" to "we have to fire Freddie Kitchens and I won't mind if Dorsey leaves with him" was an insanely quick change of affiars.

• Like 2

Somehow Someway Andrew Berry is going to try to come out of this draft with 5 of the following guys via multiple trade downs and a few trade ups.

---------------------------------------------

** Via Multiple Trade-Downs ** 1.) Austin Jackson, LT USC

** Via Trade-Up ** 1.) Kenneth Murray, LB Oklahoma

2.) Robert Hunt, OG/OT Louisiana-Lafayette

** Via Trade-Up ** 2.) Ashtyn Davis, FS/CB Cal

3.) Antonio Gibson, RB Memphis

---------------------------------------------

Ashtyn Davis would be the only selection I'd disagree with.

Edited by Mind Character

7 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Correction ... people laughed while sitting at the feet of John Dorsey's throne eagerly awaiting their duties as the royal ball washer.

Little did they know that Freddie Kitchens, the hand of the King, was actually a court jester about to bring the whole thing down.

But seriously, that meteoric down-fall from "we're building a statue for Dorsey and we're going to the superbowl" to "we have to fire Freddie Kitchens and I won't mind if Dorsey leaves with him" was an insanely quick change of affiars.

It speaks to the incompetence of Freddie Kitchens

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And John Dorsey.

Kitchens didn’t hire himself.

true but I dont think Dorsey knew Kitchen was going to completely blow up his offense after he was hired. Thats still the most head-scratching thing about kitchens, why did he overhaul his offense like that??? Like was it that much Zamp and he didnt want to use it and Zamp gets credit for it? Its like what got Freddie hired, he stopped doing

28 minutes ago, buno67 said:

true but I dont think Dorsey knew Kitchen was going to completely blow up his offense after he was hired. Thats still the most head-scratching thing about kitchens, why did he overhaul his offense like that??? Like was it that much Zamp and he didnt want to use it and Zamp gets credit for it? Its like what got Freddie hired, he stopped doing

I don’t care what Freddie says. He ran Bruce Arians system.

31 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Dorsey was a good GM. Perfect? No. But he’s taking too much heat in here from people.

Like so many before him, his ego was his downfall. I don’t think he was much worse or better than the baseline general manager. At least as far as evaluating talent. He just didn’t seem to be good at working with people that weren’t like-minded.

2 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

It said a lot that his preferred course of action was to stick with Freddie and it was sort of a hard line for him.  You really couldn't defend retaining him at that point.

For sure.

I don’t blame him for the hire, he was in a no win situation, but after seeing how 2019 unfolded he should have been leading the charge to can him.  And I was a Freddie supporter.

I think Dorsey liked Freddie because he allowed Dorsey to run everything without any pushback.  That’s not a good thing imo.

50 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Dorsey was a good GM. Perfect? No. But he’s taking too much heat in here from people.

A good talent evaluator?  Sure.  A good GM?  Idk man. 

He overvalued FA, disregarded the cap, completely dismissed character.  While it’s easy for Freddie to fool fans with his results, I can’t image a guy working side by side with him daily wouldn’t have a better idea of his capabilities.