Draft Day Predictions & Things You Think You Know

Mind Character

Draft Day Prediction Polls  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Excluding Chase Young, Who Will Be the First Non-QB Selected in the NFL Draft?

• Derrick Brown, NT Auburn
    • Mekhi Becton, OT Louisville
    • Jedrick Wills Jr., OT Alabama
    • Isaiah Simmons, LB/ND Clemson
    • Jeffrey Okudah, CB Ohio State
    • Andrew Thomas, OT Georgia
    • Tristan Wirfs, OG/OT Iowa
    • CeeDee Lamb, WR Oklahoma
    • Jerry Jeudy, WR Alabama
  2. 2. Who Do the Lions Select if they stay at 3 overall?

• Jedrick Wills Jr., OT Alabama
    • Mekhi Becton, OT Lousiville
    • Justin Herbert, QB Oregon
    • Tua Tagovailoa, QB Alabama
    • Isaiah Simmons, LB/DS Clemson
    • Derrick Brown, NT Auburn
    • Jeffey Okudah, CB Ohio State
  3. 3. Do the Browns Trade Down?

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

true but I dont think Dorsey knew Kitchen was going to completely blow up his offense after he was hired. Thats still the most head-scratching thing about kitchens, why did he overhaul his offense like that??? Like was it that much Zamp and he didnt want to use it and Zamp gets credit for it? Its like what got Freddie hired, he stopped doing

My issue wasn’t Freddie’s performance (as it relates to Dorsey), it’s the fact he hired a guy who was CLEARLY unprepared for the job and then doubled down in wanting to bring him back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t care what Freddie says. He ran Bruce Arians system.

I think thats exactly what he was doing. Arians got his QBs killed in that system. ill never understand why he wanted to run that system. Its why i didnt want Arians as a HC here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

A good talent evaluator?  Sure.  A good GM?  Idk man. 

He overvalued FA, disregarded the cap, completely dismissed character.  While it’s easy for Freddie to fool fans with his results, I can’t image a guy working side by side with him daily wouldn’t have a better idea of his capabilities.

overvalued FAs? This current FO just spent a lot money on FAs like Dorsey did. We can look back at it now that it was a failure with some players like Hubbard but he was considered one of the best available tackles who was being brought in with his former OC. He had to value FA tho because he team needed vets. Werent going to make any progress having a team that extremely young again. Its why I like it that Berry was so aggressive in FA this year as well.

If he truly disregarded the cap, how were the Browns able to make so many moves this offseason? He spent but there were plenty of outs he put in contracts and we have no idea who he would have cut and kept this offseason. Prolly would have cut the same people but who knows. Yeah he dismissed character but its not like he let them make mistake after mistake. He gave guys their one chance. Its not like he kept a cancer around way too long. Heck, if he didnt operate like that, we wouldnt have a RB combo for Stef to play with Chubb and Hunt.  

The greatest downfall was believing that Kitchen had HC potential. 

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

overvalued FAs? This current FO just spent a lot money on FAs like Dorsey did. We can look back at it now that it was a failure with some players like Hubbard but he was considered one of the best available tackles who was being brought in with his former OC. He had to value FA tho because he team needed vets. Werent going to make any progress having a team that extremely young again. Its why I like it that Berry was so aggressive in FA this year as well.

He was aggressive, and time will tell if it’s money well spent or massive overpays based on how they perform.

Using hindsight literally the only FA that looked to be a decent value was Mitchell.  The rear, almost to a man were overpays.

If he truly disregarded the cap, how were the Browns able to make so many moves this offseason? He spent but there were plenty of outs he put in contracts and we have no idea who he would have cut and kept this offseason. Prolly would have cut the same people but who knows.

He had 9 figures in cap space when he got here man.  I’m not gonna explain how he spent poorly.  Either you see it or you have your head in the sand.  LIS, literally one dude has played to the level of his contract.

It’s also not a one time thing, it’s part of what got him canned in KC.

Yeah he dismissed character but its not like he let them make mistake after mistake. He gave guys their one chance. Its not like he kept a cancer around way too long. Heck, if he didnt operate like that, we wouldnt have a RB combo for Stef to play with Chubb and Hunt.  

I mean, it didn’t take a genius to sign Hunt, you just had to be the first to look the other way at what he did. Dude was a FA and signed for next to nothing.

The greatest downfall was believing that Kitchen had HC potential. 

And wanting to keep him after he showed he didn’t.

• Like 1

I didn’t hate the OBJ trade.

What I hated was his “meat and potatoes” comment when he traded for a luxury position while getting rid of a Pro Bowl caliber RG and solid S, weakening two position groups, taking on two albatross contracts, and trading a 1st. The rationale was absurd.

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I didn’t hate the OBJ trade.

What I hated was his “meat and potatoes” comment when he traded for a luxury position while getting rid of a Pro Bowl caliber RG and solid S, weakening two position groups, taking on two albatross contracts, and trading a 1st. The rationale was absurd.

I didn’t love the trade at the time, but I didn’t despise it.

I never like the idea of trading good players away and creating new holes, but we all (incorrectly) assumes Corbett would at least be competent and players like OBJ don’t come available very often.  We gave up some good pieces and got some good pieces at premium positions, but it wasn’t really a “win” or anything, just sort of shuffling pieces.

Hopefully he’s healthy this season and looks like the version of himself we all saw in NY.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

For sure.

I don’t blame him for the hire, he was in a no win situation, but after seeing how 2019 unfolded he should have been leading the charge to can him.  And I was a Freddie supporter.

I think Dorsey liked Freddie because he allowed Dorsey to run everything without any pushback.  That’s not a good thing imo.

Yeah it seemed like he was deadset on not hiring anybody that would eventually oust him like Reid did.  Good talent evaluator that wanted way too much control, it sucks his ego got in the way.

18 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh, and @Rod Johnson, post more. 

I lurk a lot but I'm not watching enough tape of the prospects to really have meaningful takes.  Boring time of the year.

That said my preferred picks are Thomas/Wills or one of the premier defensive prospects (Okudah/Simmons/Brown) if they inexplicably fall to us.

Worst realistic scenario is we trade back and take Ezra Cleveland or some other B tier o-line prospect.  I'd be pretty upset.

Edited by Rod Johnson
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Jedrick Wills is the only guy that would disappoint me draft night.

Why? I was reading something that said last season Wills only missed 9 assignments or something crazy like that. Dude is a technician and that’s the one trait I absolutely love in a lineman. I’ll take the technician over the elite athlete any day of the week

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Why? I was reading something that said last season Wills only missed 9 assignments or something crazy like that. Dude is a technician and that’s the one trait I absolutely love in a lineman. I’ll take the technician over the elite athlete any day of the week

I’m biased against Alabama offensive linemen.