Giants4eva - Mock Offseason Dreams...

Giants4eva

So as i write this were about 4 days away from Free Agency beginning.. If i could have my ultimate dream of an offseason that i feel would upgrade this team for now and for the long term this is where i'd go. Tear into me, don't care. Gonna roll the dice and see what plays out. So we have a new coach, new schemes, new idealogy, this a time for a lot of change. Well see what Joe Judge is made of finally. He talks the right talk and makes u wanna go to bat for him which i love, but now lets see what him and DG's combined knowledge are with personnel decisions. 

Notable Free Agency Signings- 

EDGE- Jadeveon Clowney 5yrs / $96 million with 30 guranteed

Lets face facts, at this point we got just a tiny hair south of 80 million dollars to play with. Clowney at the least represents a player to be accounted for on the defensive side of the ball. People wanna say he didn't produce sacks for the Seahawks and while that may be true, this man takes on double teams and even triple teams all day. We haven't got anybody on our defence of this caliber and have not had that in a long time. 

LB- Joe Schoebert 5yrs/ $30 million with 6 million guranteed

Followed the Browns this past season because i wanted to see how Odell was doing. And honestly when u watched the Browns defence come on the field, this guys name was just popping up left and right. Hes a guy with a non stop motor, high effort guy who is a tackling machine. I can see us going after him because he seems like a player Joe Judge describes when he talks about tough, relentless and gives a full 60 mins of effort. 

WR- DeMarcus Robinson 2yrs/ $7.5  million with 2 million guranteed

Lot of talk about us going for this kid. Wont lie don't know a whole lot about him other than he set career highs in catches and yardage last year. We definitely need 1 more WR to contribute with Tate, SS and Slayton. Robinson could be that guy. 

C/OG - Connor McGovern 4yrs/ $40 million with 8 million guranteed

I think this is one guy we HAVE to get. He is just flat out nasty. The type of guy who JJ and DG i think will both agree upon. Jon Halapio has been very disappointing and Spencer Pulley is really best suited as a back up. 

OT Jason Peters - 2yrs / $5 million with 1 million guranteed

Assuming he doesn't retire, it would not hurt to bring in a veteran for some depth on the tackle spots. Lord knows we have guys who go down each year along the line. He's best suited to a backup role at this point in his amazing career. He can still play at a high level and definitely give us some much need help along the line when called upon. 

S - Devin McCourty - 2yrs / $10 million with 2 million guaranteed 

We need a veteran presence in the backfield. There are not many better than this guy. He's a guy Judge is very familiar with and i could see a mass exodus happening in New England the minute TB12 says I'm out. 

Notable players cut / let go w/reasons - 

OC - Jon Halapio

Just not enough consistency. Got bullied way too much last season against bigger competition. Can't see him making our team. 

DL - Leonard Williams 

I think in the end we let him walk. I don't see him budging from his ultra high demands for a big pay day. Thank you for your service Leonard but your not worth the money you want. Dave Gettleman will have to come to grips with how bad a trade that was and just move forward. 

TE - Rhett Ellison 

retired. 

S - Antoine Bethea

He was as useless as a $3 bill. Cant release this guy fast enough.

EDGE - Markus Golden

Just don't know if the Giants wanna pay him. He had a great comeback year with us. But with this now being Judges team, I'm not sure if hes gonna factor into his style of defence or if hes not someone Judge feels is his kind of player. In the end, not seeing us giving him big time money. 

EDGE - Kareem Martin

Ineffective and didn't live up to his contract. Injuries did him in. 

OT - George Asafo-Adjei 

Already waived. 

OT - Mike Remmers

too inconsistent, injuries hamper him. 

RB - Wayne Gallman

Was just lost as a player last year, they may retain him but i don't think he offers much other than special teams and wasn't effective as a running back for us. They will let him walk and test the market

LB - Alec Ogletree

Didn't live up to his contract. Disappointing to say the least. 

2020 NFL DRAFT - (Pre-FA)

RD1 - 6th overall TRADE with the LA Chargers (we get their 1st (6th overall), 2nd (37th overall), 5th (151st overall) )

OT- Tristan Wirfs / Iowa 

I truly think a trade is coming and that DG will not be able to refuse. Now I'm not the best at predicting what the trade compensation is for us. But in the grand scheme of things and the direction i think that Joe Judge wants to go is protecting his QB. i think were gonna end up in a situation where Simmons is available to us because Detroit will trade down and we still take a trade offer from LA. We then select the kid out of the Hawkeye program with Detroit in front of us taking Simmons at the 5 spot. When u break down the fact we have Jason Garrett as our OC and we have an all world running back in back Barkley, it would be wise to open up holes for him and also to protect DJ as best we can. 

RD2 - 36th overall - LB Zack Baun / Wisconsin 

When the dust settles the next day from the fall out of the trade that will send the Giants fan base into a mutiny against Dave Gettleman, the reality sets in that Wirfs is a monster pick and so is this kid from the Badger program. Both him an Ryan Connelly, along with Oshane Ximenes and Lorenzo Carter i think is very nice on paper. I expect alot of big things from Xman, Connelly and Carter this season. 

RD2- 37th overall (f/Detroit) - RB Johnathon Taylor / Wisconsin

This is a pick i feel can happen. Reason being is when u break down the order of RD1. Taylor and D'Andre Swift are the top 2 backs in this draft. I can see us going for a guy to compliment Saquon and lord knows we need it. It would put the fear of god into defences to have to deal with not 1 but 2 ridiculously good backs. This is a high value high money move here. 

RD3 -  99th overall (comp selection) - WR Chase Claypool / Notre Dame

Seems like every year we are needing a WR with size. Claypool had a solid combine and there was Giants scouts eyeing this kid while there. Claypool would be a good selection at this point in the draft. 

RD4 - 110th overall - EDGE Darrell Taylor / Tennessee

Solid edge rusher to add to the squad and spell some of our men. 

RD5 - RD7... B P A , B P A , B P A

Edited by Giants4eva

I wouldn’t hate it, but I’m not a fan.

Im very wary of Clowney for a blockbuster deal. Career high 9.5 sacks and a history of knee surgeries isn’t good.

I like trading back, but I don’t like going OL. I don’t believe in the value for the position for an OL. I believe we can do well, with a serviceable OL and get a defensive playmaker there. There are worst decisions we can make there, such as going WR with that pick.

Everyone here knows my hatred of drafting RBs high. This is no exception. I don’t like drafting backups to our best player when we have so many needs on the defense. Aim for a starter, not a backup.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t sign Clowney - I would sign Jones. And I would sign Glasgow over McGovern but not a huge thing there. No way Peters takes $5M/year. Age or not, dude is still a stud LT. He gets at least $10M/per. 

I love the Schoebert signing, though. Robinson I’m not sure on. 

Trading down and taking Wirfs would be huge.  I love the Baun pick, too. I think we could get a good RB later and Taylor has a ton of miles.  If Queen or Murray are there at 37, I would take them in a heartbeat.  I’d consider trading down from 37 and drafting Josh Uche.  That would give us four young edge guys.  In the third, I wouldn’t hate Claypool, but if a safety like Ashtyn Davis, Jeremy Chinn, or Kyle Duggar is there, I think we have to pull the trigger.

That would give us:

Wirfs, Glasgow/McGovern

Baun, Schubert, Uche/Queen/Murray, 

Jones, Davis/Chinn/Duggar

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 3:26 PM, Acgott said:

I wouldn’t hate it, but I’m not a fan.

Im very wary of Clowney for a blockbuster deal. Career high 9.5 sacks and a history of knee surgeries isn’t good.

I like trading back, but I don’t like going OL. I don’t believe in the value for the position for an OL. I believe we can do well, with a serviceable OL and get a defensive playmaker there. There are worst decisions we can make there, such as going WR with that pick.

Everyone here knows my hatred of drafting RBs high. This is no exception. I don’t like drafting backups to our best player when we have so many needs on the defense. Aim for a starter, not a backup.

After what has played out i feel DG is setting us up to go after an Olineman after a trade down. This drafts strengthes lie within the olinemen, WRs and DBs. Its extremely light with defensive playermaker talent. After Young, Simmons and possibly Derrick Brown the talent pool severely drops off for a defensive playmaker.  i whole heartedly believe hes gonna trade down with the Chargers (or another squad whomever it may be) and go after Wirfs or even Becton. U say there isnt value there and i think ur wrong. The strength of the trade down will lie with what extra capital he can accumulate. I can only guess as to what we get in return. What say we a high 2nd rd and dont go with Zack Baun and instead go with Cesar Ruiz? Or a combination of both. I think that is sheer highway robbery. And well played.  As far as Clowney, the man receives double and triple teams routinely. He is a force, dont be misled by the sack numbers. I truly think he is a difference maker and someone this defence is severely lacking. Whats to say Johnathon Taylor is a backup? We had years with Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs as a 2 back set. Why wouldnt be acceptible? Thats the way i see it. If im wrong, all good. But i think its a dynamite move, considering we have 1 more year until Barkley goes demanding a new contract.