Corona Mock Offseason

ninjapirate

Well with isolating myself from other people to avoid getting a cold I am bored so Im gonna do a mock offseason real quick.

I'm trying to be realistic in my approach so this part what I want to happen part what I think will happen.

I will do free agency first and then I will do a 6 round mock on TDN. I don't want to mock first and then have that alter my FA decisions.

Total cap room: ~ 42 million

Players I will re-sign:

Hassaan Ridgeway 1 year 3 million

Jalen Mills 2 years 8 million

Nate Sudfeld 1 year 6 million

Re-structure Jenkins Add a year and guarantee money we save `1 million

Outside free agents:

Bradley Roby CB Texans 4 year 48 million in value

I think the eagles miss out on Jones and Roby is a good fit in the coverage the eagles have been running the past few years.

Nick Kwiatoski LB Bears 3 years 24 million in value

A guy the eagles had interest in during his draft who has been overshadowed by players ahead of him on the depth chart. 

Demarcus Robinson WR Chiefs 3 years 18 million in value

Another player the eagles liked before his draft. Still a young up and coming player but also we don't even have a baseline guy like him. 

Trades:

Eagles trade Alshon Jeffrey and pick 146 to the Bills for pick 167.

Getting rid of a locker room cancer. 

As for addressing safety in my offseason I have the eagles moving Avonte Maddox to FS.

He looked good there as a rookie and Marquand Manuel has moved corners with Maddox size/skill set to FS in the past. 

Ok so now the draft. 

Trades:

1. 21 didn't look good so I traded down from 21 to 27 for Seattle pick 133.

Picks:

27. Denzel Mims WR Baylor 

53. Matt Hennessey IOL Temple

85. Bryce Hall CB Virginia 

103. Bradlee Anae DE Utah

127. Marcus Bailey LB Purdue

133. Devin Duvernay WR Texas 

145. Julian Blackmon S Utah

166. Khalil Davis DT Nebraska

167. Darrynton Evans RB Appalachain State

168. James Morgan QB Florida Atlantic

190. Justin Strnad LB Wake Forest 

Im ready to be destroyed. 

Ninja circa 2008:

”This sucks. You suck. Die in a fire. I would wish corona virus on you and this mock but that would be a slow death that you don’t deserve the luxury of having. Delete this post and think about deleting your existence off this plain of consciousness, as it is clearly wasted on you. 

I love kitties.”

I would be good with it. Not flashy but looks more realistic than not. Which is concerning because this is how the draft is going to shake out and I’ll be disappointed that we didn’t make some splashes. But it’s reasonable and would be a good way to start the retool. 

17 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Ninja circa 2008:

”This sucks. You suck. Die in a fire. I would wish corona virus on you and this mock but that would be a slow death that you don’t deserve the luxury of having. Delete this post and think about deleting your existence off this plain of consciousness, as it is clearly wasted on you. 

I love kitties.”

I would be good with it. Not flashy but looks more realistic than not. Which is concerning because this is how the draft is going to shake out and I’ll be disappointed that we didn’t make some splashes. But it’s reasonable and would be a good way to start the retool. 

yeah didnt turn out flashy but I also dont think howie is going after flash this offseason. He said he wants young guys that can be added to the core to build with. Demarcus and Nick are both guys that fit that bill.

I also didn't want to do a bunch of mocks until I got one I liked that was just the first TDN mock I did after making the free agent picks. Real life can't always be perfect.  

9 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

yeah didnt turn out flashy but I also dont think howie is going after flash this offseason. He said he wants young guys that can be added to the core to build with. Demarcus and Nick are both guys that fit that bill.

I also didn't want to do a bunch of mocks until I got one I liked that was just the first TDN mock I did after making the free agent picks. Real life can't always be perfect.  

Agreed. Think Howie has to build smart this year and work on splash guys after he has some good foundation. This would put us in that position, imo. 

46 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Ninja circa 2008:

My god , That was to a "T".👏👏🍺

This mock is fairly realistic and I would dare to say a prudent use of resources in FA.  I would despise giving another dime to Jalen Mills — I think he’s that bad — but I’m partly resigned to it because Schwartz likes him. 

I really don’t think Jeffery can pass anyone’s physical so I don’t see him being traded.  We are stuck with him until at least the trade deadline of 2020.

The draft is pretty good overall; I’m almost positive the Eagles are taking a safety somewhere in the first 3 rounds, though

Edited by TDTimes

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Ninja circa 2008:

I love kitties”

g1HW.gif

1 hour ago, TDTimes said:

This mock is fairly realistic and I would dare to say a prudent use of resources in FA.  I would despise giving another dime to Jalen Mills — I think he’s that bad — but I’m partly resigned to it because Schwartz likes him. 

I really don’t think Jeffery can pass anyone’s physical so I don’t see him being traded.  We are stuck with him until at least the trade deadline of 2020.

The draft is pretty good overall; I’m almost positive the Eagles are taking a safety somewhere in the first 3 rounds, though

I almost took Terrell Burgess in the third and maybe I should have in hindsight. 

7 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I thought teams could nix the physical if they truly wanted to do that. 

failing players on physicals is for problems you find you didnt know about. Everyone knows jeffrey hurt his foot and had surgery on it. As long as it checks out as healing on schedule he should be tradeable.

• Like 1

Like: bringing Ridgeway, Suds, and Jenkins back, ridding Alshon, bringing in Roby, Robinson, Kwiatkowski, Mims at 27, Duvernay at 133, Davis at 166

Meh: bringing Mills back without having that bona fide #1 CB, moving Maddox to safety, Blackmon at 145

Dislike: The remainder of your draft, with an emphasis on Hall, Anae and Hennessey where you took them. Hall and Anae are two guys I would love to not be Eagles.

27 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Like: bringing Ridgeway, Suds, and Jenkins back, ridding Alshon, bringing in Roby, Robinson, Kwiatkowski, Mims at 27, Duvernay at 133, Davis at 166

Meh: bringing Mills back without having that bona fide #1 CB, moving Maddox to safety, Blackmon at 145

Dislike: The remainder of your draft, with an emphasis on Hall, Anae and Hennessey where you took them. Hall and Anae are two guys I would love to not be Eagles.

i think hennessey is like the most realistic pick in the whole draft you know howie is going to plan for life post kelce.

11 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

i think hennessey is like the most realistic pick in the whole draft you know howie is going to plan for life post kelce.

it’s a probably outcome, think as people outside  the building will never know exactly what Howie does with Kelce’s retirement. But he seems like he’s one more year of hell away from it.

There are a couple centers round 3 that fit, but yeah it’s exactly what Howie would do. And I bet a DB we all want would be on the board when he does it.

• Like 1