Mr Good Guy, Arthur Blank

Dome

Falcons owner Arthur Blank is stepping up and doing what all team owners should do as sports shut down because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Blank has committed to paying the hourly employeeswho are off work to reduce the spread of the coronavirus, Falcons team president Rich McKay told TheAthletic.com.

That includes employees of the Falcons and Blank’s Atlanta United Major League Soccer team, as well as employees of Merdedes-Benz Stadium where both teams play.

https://sports.yahoo.com/arthur-blank-pay-hourly-employees-152159884.html

Other owners should and will likely follow Mr Blank’s example. Then you’ll be in a PR crap storm if you’re one of the owners who isn’t following suit.

• Like 11

24 minutes ago, Dome said:

Other owners should and will likely follow Mr Blank’s example. Then you’ll be in a PR crap storm if you’re one of the owners who isn’t following suit.

I'm pretty sure the Pellies/Saints owner already said that's nice but no thank you lol. Zion decided to pay for them for the entire month (the workers at the bball arena). The comments underneath the post weren't nice but no one really made a big deal out of it. 

Edited by 11sanchez11
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I'm pretty sure the Pellies/Saints owner already said that's nice but no thank you lol. Zion decided to pay for them for the entire month (the workers at the bball arena). The comments underneath the post weren't nice but no one really made a big deal out of it. 

The same Saints' ownership that tells local priests how to cover up reprehensible acts? I'm not surprised.

Edited by Danger
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Local rich person gives money he wouldnt notice he's lost to people that would die without it.

Good for him. 

My stance pretty much, like cool beans. But also this should be the standard not the thing we praise them for. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SwoleXmad said:

My stance pretty much, like cool beans. But also this should be the standard not the thing we praise them for. 

yeah these are people that make his teams games an enjoyable experience. every owner should take care of their stadium crew without a thought.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

Local rich person gives money he wouldnt notice he's lost to people that would die without it.

Good for him. 

True but they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. They do it and they get that response. They don't do it and it's pitchforks. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

True but they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. They do it and they get that response. They don't do it and it's pitchforks. 

At the end of the day it’s their money and they can do what they want with it, but I think the point is that donating $100,000 (would it even be that much for the time the employees missed?) for a billionaire is like the common person donating $10. $100,000 will help a lot of people but it’s only a sliver of how a billionaire could help.

Personally, I don’t think they should be condemned because they’re under no obligation to do anything in the first place. It’s their money, they worked for it, so they can spend it however they choose so long as it’s lawful.

4 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

At the end of the day it’s their money and they can do what they want with it, but I think the point is that donating $100,000 (would it even be that much for the time the employees missed?) for a billionaire is like the common person donating $10. $100,000 will help a lot of people but it’s only a sliver of how a billionaire could help.

Personally, I don’t think they should be condemned because they’re under no obligation to do anything in the first place. It’s their money, they worked for it, so they can spend it however they choose so long as it’s lawful.

I'm not disagreeing but you just reiterated my point.

• Like 2

I've been saying that he's one of the best, if not the very best, owner in the NFL for years now.  

He gave guys a second chance when they didn't deserve it.  He gave fair prices at all the food stands for the ticket holders when the new stadium opened.  

Arthur Blank is just a great human being.