Mr Good Guy, Arthur Blank

Dome

On 3/14/2020 at 11:14 PM, NVRamsFan said:

True but they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. They do it and they get that response. They don't do it and it's pitchforks. 

Exactly, and they wonder why these people don't usually care enough to donate millions. They know their hated and if I was them would be like well **** you too. 

Edited by Calvert28
  • Like 1

On 3/17/2020 at 3:20 PM, TENINCH said:

And if I heard right he's keep all the Home Depots open!

I think he is mostly out of home depot now he sold all but like 1 to 1.5% shares he retired from there a good awhile back as the founder and owner.   With 1.5% share i doubt he has much say if they stay open or not anymore sadly.   With Blank being who he is and letting every Falcons and United employee off with pay im 100% sure he would have done it for Home Depot as well if he had the major say in it anymore.

• Like 2

On 3/17/2020 at 3:12 PM, Starless said:

Don't praise billionaires for doing the absolute bare minimum. 

It's not the minimum. 

Him making this decision is a small part of his net worth, but so is donating $100 like you or me. Did you do your minimum for people in need during this crisis?

• Like 2

If you want to know about American Businessmen who treat employees right, read about Bernie Marcus, Arthur Blank and the founding of Home Depot. Yes, if you don’t shop there you probably know about the company for it’s sponsorships including College Gameday but think about who comes to mind when you think of natural disasters, Red Cross, FEMA, National Guard; Home Depot is right there with them. If socially responsible companies are something you care about, just google Covid and Home Depot, Lowe’s, Menards. One is donating supplies, one is getting charged by Michigan for Price gouging emergency products and one sees this as an opportunity to gain market share.

Arthur Blank Foundation

Bernie Marcus Foundation

Home Depot Foundation

Now if you have a thing against people who have wealth just because they do, I can’t help you but there are many people out there that feel everyone on this site has a luxurious life of excess, yes, there are many people out there that have more than I ever will, I can admit that many of those who do,  will do more for others than I would With it if the roles were reversed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:

Now if you have a thing against people who have wealth just because they do, I can’t help you but there are many people out there that feel everyone on this site has a luxurious life of excess, yes, there are many people out there that have more than I ever will, I can admit that many of those who do,  will do more for others than I would With it if the roles were reversed.

Thank you.