? Week Three - Bucs (1-0) @ Vikings (1-1)

bucsfan333

We're riding high after a huge win last week. But everyone is saying "on to the next one." Can we keep it going?

We (likely) face the notorious Buc killer in Case Keenum, with Bradford sidelined with a knee injury. Dalvin Cook looks like the real deal. Can our defense keep this momentum going?

Can our oline hold up against their nasty front seven? Can Jameis avoid mistakes against a very good, opportunistic defense?

Discuss.

Game 1 for teams is always the game to wipe off the rust.

I think we come out sharper on offense in this one. We saw how some of ours guys were running out of air quickly because they were not in shape, we saw bad timing on some of the deep throws.... That's the kind of rust that will be wiped off. Little things like that i feel like will contribute to a much better performance.

Our defense needs to do better. I feel like we were not that good. VH3 and secondary was getting eaten alive by no name WR's. Glennon was just being a good ex teammate and giving us gifts all day, but I feel like we performed average at best on D.

We shut down their run well but when I saw the passing numbers....Glennon went 31/45 for 301 yards....and that was with the 5-6 drops they had.

The pass rush does need to be better but guys like VH3 just need to make a damn play. A lot of those throws was just VH3 not being able to deflect the ball out of targets way.

Anyways, enough for Bears game, regardless who starts at QB for Vikings, we gotta play better than we did last week.

I'm not really too concerned with the DB's. I've seen enough of VG3 and Grimes to know they belong and can make plays. Rust perhaps? Idk

Anyway, I think we should win this game with or without Bradford playing. Rhodes will make it tough for Evans but I think we're going have D Jack go at Trae Waynes who is a struggling corner right now. I like our defensive line vs their OL and our backers will keep Cook in check. If Winston doesn't turn the ball over, I think we win by at least 2 possessions.

2 hours ago, indifference said:

I'm not really too concerned with the DB's. I've seen enough of VG3 and Grimes to know they belong and can make plays. Rust perhaps? Idk

Anyway, I think we should win this game with or without Bradford playing. Rhodes will make it tough for Evans but I think we're going have D Jack go at Trae Waynes who is a struggling corner right now. I like our defensive line vs their OL and our backers will keep Cook in check. If Winston doesn't turn the ball over, I think we win by at least 2 possessions.

I'll  be interested to see if Koetter moves DJAX to slot to match up with Newman.   I expect a lot better execution on both sides of the ball.  Last week was so out of the ordinary for preparation.   I believe Jameis is at the point of his career, he ll find a way to win.  Since,  Jameis was drafted, the team has always played well on the road.

I think Ward gets more playing time and I expect Jaqueis Smith activated this week.

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I'll  be interested to see if Koetter moves DJAX to slot to match up with Newman.   I expect a lot better execution on both sides of the ball.  Last week was so out of the ordinary for preparation.   I believe Jameis is at the point of his career, he ll find a way to win.  Since,  Jameis was drafted, the team has always played well on the road.

I think Ward gets more playing time and I expect Jaqueis Smith activated this week.

Exactly. Jameis seems to play better when he is playing indoor stadiums too. I sense a good game from Winston with a possible INT but we win anyway. Interested to see how Zimmer is going to play us.

The more bodies the better, the depth on this team is the best its ever been in God knows how long.

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

Ashamed if Bradford can't go.  Hopefully,  his knee won't keep him out too long.   Considering Keenum has beaten them the last 2 times, I'm sure Mike Smith will have no problem getting the players attention this week. 

Games like this is huge. I'll take the W because if we can't win the division at the very least we should be able to snag a wildcard spot. Got to beat up on the NFC North and have a winning record in our division and we should be a lock in. Going 3-1 in the NFCN assures us good position in for wildcard if we are unable to dethrone the Falcons.

curious to see how Zimmer calls the game.  Does he give Rhoades help over the top with a safety?  Griffen is very good, but if he tries to rush inside of Smith and gives Jameis the corner where he is very good at scramble drill?  The Bears rushed just 4 most of the game.  Im curious to see how confident Zimmer is with his secondary to put  them in man coverage across the board to send 5 or more.  Going to be an fascinating chess match.  I do see a shallow cross to DJax some time in this game getting over 20 yards.

7 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

curious to see how Zimmer calls the game.  Does he give Rhoades help over the top with a safety?  Griff

Sherman couldn't keep up with Evans last year. Harrison Smith HAS to cheat over and give Rhodes some help, otherwise it's game over.

Koetter said that Evans still got double teamed more often than not against Chicago.

Jameis needs to figure out the deep ball because DJax should see a lot of single coverage again this week. And I don't think Minnesota has anyone who can keep up with him AND play good coverage. If Jameis can at least keep the ball in play, we should get a DPI or two at the very least.

19 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

VHIII gave up 4/6 passing for like 35 yards and Grimes gave up 7/7 for like 95 against Chicago. Our CBs definitely need to do a better job this week.

our CBs definitely looked like trash against the bears

gives me serious doubts

doesnt help when we cant get to the QB at all and let freaking Glennon throw for 300 yards and like 70% completion percentage or something, all to garbage wideouts

we cant get to the QB at all if it isnt McCoy or bringing a blitz, its sad

Spence had 1 good play, think hes a situational guy at best , i want to be proven wrong

but right now with no pass rush and our CB play, yikes , if bradford plays he's going to feast , and feed Theilen and Diggs all game

30 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

our CBs definitely looked like trash against the bears

gives me serious doubts

doesnt help when we cant get to the QB at all and let freaking Glennon throw for 300 yards and like 70% completion percentage or something, all to garbage wideouts

we cant get to the QB at all if it isnt McCoy or bringing a blitz, its sad

Spence had 1 good play, think hes a situational guy at best , i want to be proven wrong

but right now with no pass rush and our CB play, yikes , if bradford plays he's going to feast , and feed Theilen and Diggs all game

Relax. Glennon had like 147 passing yards through the first 3 quarters of football. He got most of his yards during garbage time. Yeah the corners got beat but they didn't really give up big plays. Pass rush was mitigated because the Bears really did a lot of quick throws and not too many long developing routes. Its really hard to say how good the pass rush is when Glennon is literally throwing the ball for 5-6 yards a completion. The Bears offensive line is actually a decent group too, they had 2 stud guards in the game and McCoy was hitting Glennon all game.

2 hours ago, indifference said:

Relax. Glennon had like 147 passing yards through the first 3 quarters of football. He got most of his yards during garbage time. Yeah the corners got beat but they didn't really give up big plays. Pass rush was mitigated because the Bears really did a lot of quick throws and not too many long developing routes. Its really hard to say how good the pass rush is when Glennon is literally throwing the ball for 5-6 yards a completion. The Bears offensive line is actually a decent group too, they had 2 stud guards in the game and McCoy was hitting Glennon all game.

i get the bend and dont break but i just feel like our D isnt as good as we think, the only solid thing on our D is our linebackers... and McCoy other than that we are mediocre with good coaching

the bears line didnt even have their best player in Kyle Long and we had like what 1 sack?  i think you are overrating the bears line

and whats to say that ever other QB wont just kill us with short throws? everyone saw that Glennon could do it

dont mind me im always skeptical  when we have success, im one of those "think the worst" kinds of people so that if the worst doesnt happen, im happy lol , im just saying i dont want to get my head to big and have us fall on our faces

Archived