? Week Three - Bucs (1-0) @ Vikings (1-1)

bucsfan333

Just got done scrolling through minnesotas page.. they are confident lets give them that but... one of them also said mike thomas of the saints is as good as mike evans. " its a wash" gtfoh with that. "With bradford we should win easily" ...lol i cant wait to mop the floor with these boys. 

15 minutes ago, Tyson Jr said:

Just got done scrolling through minnesotas page.. they are confident lets give them that but... one of them also said mike thomas of the saints is as good as mike evans. " its a wash" gtfoh with that. "With bradford we should win easily" ...lol i cant wait to mop the floor with these boys. 

Ira Kaufman from JBF had a good team stat.  In their last 9 games, the Bucs are 7-2 with a scoring differential of +59.  Let me take it a step further.  Last year, the Bucs beat 3 playoff teams.  In comparison,  the Lions who made the playoffs beat no playoff teams.

The dark days are over as long as Jameis is playing and the rest of the core remains reasonably healthy.  This team is no fluke.  They are not going to win every week, but they won't be an easy out either.

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

i get the bend and dont break but i just feel like our D isnt as good as we think, the only solid thing on our D is our linebackers... and McCoy other than that we are mediocre with good coaching

the bears line didnt even have their best player in Kyle Long and we had like what 1 sack?  i think you are overrating the bears line

and whats to say that ever other QB wont just kill us with short throws? everyone saw that Glennon could do it

dont mind me im always skeptical  when we have success, im one of those "think the worst" kinds of people so that if the worst doesnt happen, im happy lol , im just saying i dont want to get my head to big and have us fall on our faces

Sacks aren't a full testimony of a good pass rush. Pressures and hurries are good indicators of how we fared, and the Bucs had a high number in both categories last week. Sacks are the main goal yes but hurries and pressures typically result in picks and incompletions. Bucs weren't a top team in sacks last year but we had the best third down defense in the league last year. And that is despite us being somewhat of a team that wasn't good at stopping the run. I think Spence has a sack next week coming off the edge vs Keenum and McCoy will have a big day too.

43 minutes ago, Tyson Jr said:

Yeah I LOL'd when I saw some dude post that. In what world is Mike Thomas as good as Mike Evans? We all know the answer to that but it was just funny to read their thoughts on our offense.

I thought I saw Ward exclusively paired with Conte last week.  I wonder if Evans would get the nod over Tandy if Conte can't play.

On Sunday, the DEs must get some pressure.  I believe the tackles are Reiff and Remmers.  Remmers played in Carolina the last few years, so there is familiarity.   Kickoff feels so far away. :D

Wednesday injury reports:

BUCCANEERS
LB Devante Bond (knee) - full
DT Chris Baker (illness) - did not participate

LB Kwon Alexander (hamstring) - did not participate

CB Brent Grimes (shoulder) - limited
DT Gerald McCoy (ankle) - did not participate
DE Jacquies Smith (illness) - did not participate

VIKINGS

LB Anthony Barr (hamstring) - limited
QB Sam Bradford (knee) - limited
CB Mackensie Alexnader (wrist) - full
C Pat Elfein (ankle) - full
CB Xavier Rhodes (hip) - full

When Vikings cornerback Xavier Rhodes played his final season for Florida State in 2012, Jameis Winston was redshirting as a freshman. Rhodes remembers the young quarterback well.

Rhodes: “He always wanted to race. He thought he was the fastest person on the team, knowing he was the slowest. He would compete in anything. He thought he had the best hands, he thought he could cover anyone at defensive back. I’m like, ‘Bro, you’re just an all-around athlete running a 4.8, huh?’  He always had confidence, he always believed in himself and his talent, and it shows in the NFL. I can see the progress from when he was there at Florida State to now. He’s accurate with his throws, he’s smart deciding who to throw to in certain coverages. We chat up, talk about Florida State, and I ask how he’s doing and he asks how I’m doing. I tell him, ‘You’re doing great things in the league,’ and he tells me the same.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/09/20/vikings-rb-dalvin-cook-ready-to-show-bucs-what-theyre-missing/

In his first two NFL games, Cook has carried 34 times for 191 yards and a sparkling 5.6 average. That’s the most yards rushing by a Vikings player in his first two games, passing the 169 Adrian Peterson had in 2007.

Zimmer: “Dalvin has been a great kid since he’s come in here. He’s come in here and worked hard. He’s studied hard and prepared hard. Our expectations were really high for him, and he at least met those expectations. Every week he does something. He shows great speed and acceleration. I think he continues to get better each week. We’re extremely happy and pleased with his progress so far.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/09/20/vikings-rb-dalvin-cook-ready-to-show-bucs-what-theyre-missing/

Archived