? Week Three - Bucs (1-0) @ Vikings (1-1)

bucsfan333

9 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

This really sucks. I wanted to see what he could do this year. The guy is just made of glass.

It might be good for us though. But Keenum has lit us up before.

Keeping the running game in check will be the key for the Bucs to win, whoever it is at QB.  I wonder what kind of contract Bradford will get at the end of the year.  Reminds me of former Buc Chris Chandler who ironically led the Falcons to the Super Bowl had a very injury riddled career. 

20 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

When Vikings cornerback Xavier Rhodes played his final season for Florida State in 2012, Jameis Winston was redshirting as a freshman. Rhodes remembers the young quarterback well.

Rhodes: “He always wanted to race. He thought he was the fastest person on the team, knowing he was the slowest. He would compete in anything. He thought he had the best hands, he thought he could cover anyone at defensive back. I’m like, ‘Bro, you’re just an all-around athlete running a 4.8, huh?’  He always had confidence, he always believed in himself and his talent, and it shows in the NFL. I can see the progress from when he was there at Florida State to now. He’s accurate with his throws, he’s smart deciding who to throw to in certain coverages. We chat up, talk about Florida State, and I ask how he’s doing and he asks how I’m doing. I tell him, ‘You’re doing great things in the league,’ and he tells me the same.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/09/20/vikings-rb-dalvin-cook-ready-to-show-bucs-what-theyre-missing/

I saw the video clip, Rhoades was really funny. I thought he was a terrific prospect coming out of FSU . I hope he has his worst  game of the season on Sunday in an otherwise stellar All Pro year.

Xavier Rhodes is legit. It's gonna be a long day for Mike Evans. Rhodes is the type of CB that can shut down/limit any WR in the league. He did it last week to Antonio Brown...

This is exactly why we went out and got DeSean Jackson. I expect him to be the focal point of the offense of Sunday. The Vikes have a stellar D-Line as well, so it's gonna be tough sledding to run the ball as well...

I full expect Jameis to be getting the ball out quick and hitting Jackson on some short slants and hitches. Get him the ball and let him get those YAC...

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Keeping the running game in check will be the key for the Bucs to win, whoever it is at QB.  I wonder what kind of contract Bradford will get at the end of the year.  Reminds me of former Buc Chris Chandler who ironically led the Falcons to the Super Bowl had a very injury riddled career. 

i think that if Keenum plays , we drub them, no contest , ala Glennon

if bradford plays i think we lose a close one

just IMO

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Xavier Rhodes is legit. It's gonna be a long day for Mike Evans. Rhodes is the type of CB that can shut down/limit any WR in the league. He did it last week to Antonio Brown...

This is exactly why we went out and got DeSean Jackson. I expect him to be the focal point of the offense of Sunday. The Vikes have a stellar D-Line as well, so it's gonna be tough sledding to run the ball as well...

I full expect Jameis to be getting the ball out quick and hitting Jackson on some short slants and hitches. Get him the ball and let him get those YAC...

Agreed. I liked him coming out of FSU too, he has elite size and speed for the position. A bit raw coming out but the Vikings have coached him up to a top 10 CB in the league with those elite physical tools. I don't expect a big day from Evans. I doubt Zimmer puts him on Island all game but I can definitely see them rolling coverage to Mike forcing Jackson, Brate, or Godwin to make plays. Rhodes shut down Odell last year too.

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

In his first two NFL games, Cook has carried 34 times for 191 yards and a sparkling 5.6 average. That’s the most yards rushing by a Vikings player in his first two games, passing the 169 Adrian Peterson had in 2007.

Zimmer: “Dalvin has been a great kid since he’s come in here. He’s come in here and worked hard. He’s studied hard and prepared hard. Our expectations were really high for him, and he at least met those expectations. Every week he does something. He shows great speed and acceleration. I think he continues to get better each week. We’re extremely happy and pleased with his progress so far.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/09/20/vikings-rb-dalvin-cook-ready-to-show-bucs-what-theyre-missing/

Cook will be a great player I have no doubt. I guess for whatever reason didn't check the block with his off the field concerns for us. Really wish he wore a better # than 33 though.

19 minutes ago, indifference said:

Cook will be a great player I have no doubt. I guess for whatever reason didn't check the block with his off the field concerns for us. Really wish he wore a better # than 33 though.

Saw a tweet about his ypc as the game goes on. It's something like

1st Q - 0.7

2nd Q - 2

3rd Q - 7.5

4th Q - 10

So we've gotta be ready for him in the second half. Smitty said he considers us as having 17-18 starters on defense, with the way he rotates guys. We're gonna need to be fresh in the fourth quarter if we wanna be able to contain Cook.

Jacky Smith is probably gonna be another game day inactive this week. He still needs to get back into shape.

Good to hear McCoy's back. We desperately need him.

Kwon's worrying me. Hope it isn't serious. But Beck stepped up big-time last week and Glanton has shown that he can play too. Only problem is we have no depth behind our top four, and we might be down to three.

Baker did an excellent job last week eating up blocks. Hopefully he's pumping fluids and can get healthy enough to play.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

And then this:

I have zero doubt that Kwon will play Sunday. I'm actually glad and for our main starters being taken out of games when the game is out of reach. This NFL is a long season and we have no bye anymore. So I like the fact that he decided to come out, or the coaches decided for him. Either way we need to try to preserve and keep our guys fresh. Jaq Smith needs to get his butt in shape so other guys like Spence and Ayers don't have dead legs come week 17.

I'm really looking forward to Sunday's game, Bucs fans.  If we were playing in Tampa, I wouldn't like our chances against what looks like a great team.  Playing in our house, however, will help our chances.  US Bank Stadium gets very loud, and our Vikings seem to play a lot tougher at home.  Whatever happens, it should be a great game.  May the best team win, and here's hoping there are no major injuries to the players on either side.  On another note, I hope all of you are recovering from the massive storm that went through your state recently.  God bless.

48 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The Vikings oline is better then last season clearly.  However, I wouldnt call this year s oline dominant, nor would I use that label for the Bucs.  I m hoping if Bradford plays he has most of his mobility back.  If he is a statue like Glennon, I believe we ll see a similiar short passing attack on Sunday.

Vikings rookie running back Dalvin Cook has had enough with these slow starts. In first halves of his two NFL games, Cook has rushed 14 times for just 25 yards. In his two second halves, he has had 20 carries for 166 yards.

Cook: “I just got to start faster, and that’s what I’m working on with me, to start faster and get in a good jump at that. Starting in the third quarter can’t help my team, so I got to start faster in the first quarter.’’

Zimmer: “We’ve had better success in the second half of games running the football, but I don’t think it has anything to do with him. He’s good.’’

http://www.twincities.com/2017/09/21/vikings-rookie-rb-dalvin-cook-determined-to-overcome-slow-starts/

Archived