Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Anyone else hear that airline tickets are dirt cheap right now? Cousin was planning on going to Ireland and was supposed to pay like 1300 and now that price is at like 300-350 supposedly.

They’ve been dirt cheap for 3-4 weeks because of this. A 90 minute flight from SF to Vegas direct, no stops, was $39 Round Trip for the draft before it got canceled. 

Edited by BayRaider

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

They’ve been dirt cheap for 3-4 weeks because of this. A 90 minute flight from SF to Vegas direct, no stops, was $39 Round Trip for the draft before it got canceled. 

This is horrible to say but I do think about the deal savings and going to Italy if I were already infected. No crowds, no noise, just enjoying the scenery. 

11 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

And a polite heads up:

This thread is gonna be watched more closely, with less toeing of the lines.

We should all know the rules. Let's stick to them so this thread doesn't get locked as well.

Man I hear you and agree, but talking about public safety and healthcare without toeing the lines of politics is no simple task.

Especially when “politics” is who is responsible for public safety/health. 

I’ll do my best though fam.

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Man I hear you and agree, but talking about public safety and healthcare without toeing the lines of politics is no simple task.

Especially when “politics” is who is responsible for public safety/health. 

I’ll do my best though fam.

We can talk about what's going on and not involve politics.

Playing the blame game doesn't really help anything anyway.

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

This is horrible to say but I do think about the deal savings and going to Italy if I were already infected. No crowds, no noise, just enjoying the scenery. 

I say do it.

What have you got to lose?

14 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

And a polite heads up:

This thread is gonna be watched more closely, with less toeing of the lines.

We should all know the rules. Let's stick to them so this thread doesn't get locked as well.

giphy.gif

• Like 6

Just now, Calvert28 said:

You can’t fly to most European countries right now, Italy included. However, the trick is to buy for like September.  SFO to Italy Round Trip is usually like $1100. Right now, looking at September, you can book it for $300. 

• Like 1

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

We can talk about what's going on and not involve politics.

Playing the blame game doesn't really help anything anyway.

It does apply context to some parts of the discussion though.

I get the rules, your points, etc, but there’s no way to pretend they’re not intertwined.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

this post is exhibit 452. Theres little to no evidence that the covid cant exist well once it gets hot. its a myth that can be dispelled in a two minute google search. its one of many false statements you posted the last day or two. Its just wrong. its not a differing opinion like some have had hear, its just bad data or statements. and it was already clear by @Webmaster to not bring politics into it but it took less than two hours for you to do that. Just dont post if you dont know something to be true.

During a World Health Organization (WHO) briefing on Thursday, Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove said that it’s still unknown what COVID-19 could do over the course of a season, as this strain of coronavirus only emerged in December 2019. However, she also said that there’s “no reason to believe” this virus would behave differently in different climates and temperatures.

Source

It's unknown currently, as it hasn't been here all that long. I read something from the WHO or CDC suggesting it could "go away" seasonally, but I can't find it now. However, there is this:

Research from a laboratory-grown copy of the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) that causes the COVID-19 illness shows that heat affects the virus and impacts its behavior, a top pathologist said new research has shown. But other infectious disease experts aren't yet convinced.

“In cold environments, there is longer virus survival than warm ones,” Hong Kong University pathology professor John Nicholls told AccuWeather exclusively.

“Temperature could significantly change COVID-19 transmission,” the authors note in the study. They also pointed out that the “virus is highly sensitive to high temperature.” 

Source

• Like 1