Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

33 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

As a counter argument to the Italy-US metric, the US population is 5x what Italy is. Doesn’t the similar trajectory infer that the US is containing it far better so far? I’m also aware our end number will far succeed that of Italy, based on population. 

No, it will just kill far more people in america than italy

42 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That’s cool, but why not now?

There’s clearly an issue, what reasonable excuse for the delay?

Our stores are doing it by dinner tomorrow.  I've got no reason why they would give us a week when it all could be done by dinner tomorrow/Tuesday morning. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Since it's not announced yet, and I don't like to divulge specifics of my job over the general forum, I won;t say who, but my job is mandating that stores close their public dining areas by COB Friday, and to follow all state/local guidelines if requested earlier.  

Chick Fil A and Starbucks both are doing this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

What’s facepalm about this? Literally, explain. Our government DID wait too long. This thing is still gonna double every six days and hospitals completely over run. In don’t think you realize how contagious this is and how Americas Response was By FAR the worst of ANY country. Are you disputing that? 

More likely to double every three days.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I mean from everything I've read Italy ignored it worse than we did initially so perhaps we should fare better but who knows what information is actually accurate about any of this at this point 

Realisticallt we wont know either due to a lag in how the disease prevents itself so basically we can just hope for the best

I know Washington state has offered a "temporary layoff" for hospitality/service industry workers in that unemployment will be offered without the mandatory job search but at this point, the government is gonna have to offer some sort of bailout for this industry. A small percentage of my average is not going to get me through two months.