Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

3 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I just went to Walmart to get some more canned goods since my time off got extended. The majority of shelves were half to completely empty. I'm sure they'll restock some overnight, but it's ridiculous.

There was literally zero hamburger, steaks, or chicken except some sliced sandwich meat.

My gf and I have been surprised by the choices people have made food wise I'm our area. All the fresh meat was gone, but there was plenty of frozen stuff left. Most canned fruit was gone, but soups, beans, various canned ravioli and the like were there. Cheese was gone, but they were packed with rice, which is something I though for sure would be one of the first things to run out in a lock down. Ice cream was basically out, but the nut aisle was barely touched. 

Maybe I'm just looking at it wrong. But I'd be targeting long shelf life items. Nutrient / calorie dense items. Stuff like that

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Forge said:

My gf and I have been surprised by the choices people have made food wise I'm our area. All the fresh meat was gone, but there was plenty of frozen stuff left. Most canned fruit was gone, but soups, beans, various canned ravioli and the like were there. Cheese was gone, but they were packed with rice, which is something I though for sure would be one of the first things to run out in a lock down. Ice cream was basically out, but the nut aisle was barely touched. 

Maybe I'm just looking at it wrong. But I'd be targeting long shelf life items. Nutrient / calorie dense items. Stuff like that

Lentils ftw

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

That's exactly what I did. It's all about shelf life and calorie density to an extent. Like I said, my two main jobs are shut down for at least the next 8 weeks. I wouldn't survive buying only produce and fresh meats. This way I hopefully won't have to go out again to continually restock.

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

People keep exaggerating the current death rate in the US.  37 of the 50 deaths are from Washington state, 22 or 23 of which were from the same nursing home.  

In no way am I downplaying this or saying people shouldnt be concerned or prepared, nor am I saying it wont get worse, but I wish some people would stop using statistics without context.  Thats what NFL Gen is for.  

The people who show symptoms caught it 2+ weeks ago. 

That's what you fail to realize. Tens of thousands of people have it and don't know they have it. Those people can easily spread it 

It's super contagious. There was one woman who had it, went to a church in South Korea that she normally doesn't go to, and literally 2400 people from that ceremony got it two-three weeks later 

That's the scary part. All of the confirmed cases are data that is two weeks old, and underrepresented. We don't know how many people actually have it because we haven't tested enough, but ALSO the cases we DO know about are TWO WEEKS OLD 

44 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah this is absurd. What is your townfolk doing?

We went on Thursday, and the rice was almost picked over. Beans in the “rice and beans” aisle were completely gone, but were fully stocked and looked to have barely been touched in the Mexican food aisle. Boneless, skinless chicken breast was all gone but all other meats all stocked up. Kinda what you’d expect. Some other stuff was out when we went for our weekly run on Saturday, but as best I could tell it was all the things you’d expect. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

That's what's gone here, but we're used to buying for survival (hurricanes have taught us well).

This one is different because we're not expecting power loss like we do during hurricanes. I'm able to stock up my fridge with meats...

2 hours ago, N4L said:

The people who show symptoms caught it 2+ weeks ago. 

That's what you fail to realize. Tens of thousands of people have it and don't know they have it. Those people can easily spread it 

It's super contagious. There was one woman who had it, went to a church in South Korea that she normally doesn't go to, and literally 2400 people from that ceremony got it two-three weeks later 

That's the scary part. All of the confirmed cases are data that is two weeks old, and underrepresented. We don't know how many people actually have it because we haven't tested enough, but ALSO the cases we DO know about are TWO WEEKS OLD 

???

Im not failing to realize that all.

Im not referring to how contagious it is.  I fully understand that and Im not diminishing that.

Im only referring to the current reported mortality rate in the US.   

19 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

???

Im not failing to realize that all.

Im not referring to how contagious it is.  I fully understand that and Im not diminishing that.

Im only referring to the current reported mortality rate in the US.   

No, it really doesn't seem like you do understand. 

You said "people should stop using numbers without context" while simultaneously not acknowledging the context of the same data you gave, which clearly doesn't account for the fact anyone who shows symptoms got the virus TWO WEEKS ago

That alone should show you that we really have no clue the true severity of this at this moment. Exponential growth for an unmitigated 2 weeks while asymptomatic people spread the disease equals a whole ****load of undocumented cases. 

That doesn't even take into account the fact we arent testing people as frequently as we should due to a lack of governmental response. 

Any numbers we have are two weeks late and underreported. This is the beginning, we do not have accurate data points at this moment. We just don't. 

The mortality rate is just a piece of this puzzle. The point I was making about how contagious this ****ing super virus is was to point out that a crapload of at risk people are about to get it over the next month. The death rate you posted is when the known cases in the US was less than 1500. That's a small sample size and cannot be used as an accurate predictive model when it comes to 'determining the mortality rate in the US' which has 300,000,000 people. Do you see how foolish that sounded now? 

The irony of you talking about context with regards to data, while being so far off on the basis of your own supplied information would be hilarious under other circumstances

Then you had the audacity to mention NFL general as if that somehow made you correct. What you are saying is so far off the mark it is actually the post that belongs in NFL general