Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

7 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Hey guys I found the "they" who wants to tank the economy!

wegothim.gif

Publix has been doing this already. Close at 8pm so they can restock the store and sanitize it.

Edited by TENINCH

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Guessing about the fact that there are discussions taking place?

Fact. So you've been privy to these discussions or have a recording? I wouldnt rule it out but the media is notorious now days more then ever for making crap up. I'll believe when I see it. 

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not to marginalize your situation, but just be thankful you have the savings to dip into as many dont.

We’re in for a wild ride.

That's a nice perspective and all, but unfortunately that does nothing to change reality. I need to find ways to earn some extra money and stock pile it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Rumors going around that Governor DeWine in Ohio within 72 hours is going to announce mandatory housing Quarantine, with exceptions/possible exceptions for grocery stores, work, and doctors.

I feel like Ohio is doing ALL the right things. Good for them and hopefully every single other state follows suit. If they do, we should be able to achieve China/South Korea recovery numbers.

(Going off the assumption that the numbers are even remotely accurate.)

30 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Fact. So you've been privy to these discussions or have a recording? I wouldnt rule it out but the media is notorious now days more then ever for making crap up. I'll believe when I see it. 

You need transcripts in order to believe the White House is discussing how to handle a worldwide pandemic and national emergency?

Ok bro.  Feel free to hit that ignore button on me.

31 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

That's a nice perspective and all, but unfortunately that does nothing to change reality. I need to find ways to earn some extra money and stock pile it.

I'm with you. I save pretty diligently and know I'm pretty well off to weather a long storm if I have to but the thought of actually having to dip into it scares the hell out of me. 

So, Washington State has now closed all bars/restaurants and banned meetings of 50+. I feel its necessary, but I also worry for the neighborhood I live in. I live in the International District ( Chinatown, Little Saigon & Japantown) and those businesses have been feeling the pinch (due to a dash of xenophobia) since Valentines Day (when Covid hit the Seattle Area). Hopefully the takeout and delivery can prevent a lot of the smaller places from going out of business. Amazon and Microsoft set aside funds to help the local businesses outside their headquarters stay afloat, and I hope the city does something similar for the ID.