Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Ascent. Without question.

And yes there will be a "summer internship program" for children, where we schedule fun activities like robbery and drug trafficking in exchange for a discount on gasoline.

Dibs on being camp counselor 

54 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I'm with you. I save pretty diligently and know I'm pretty well off to weather a long storm if I have to but the thought of actually having to dip into it scares the hell out of me. 

Unfortunately my wife has been very sick over the past year so we find ourselves in quite some medical debt, nothing insurmountable, but we've been able to save what we can while paying our normal bills, some credit card debt, and now medical expenses/bills. It would really suck to see that precious hard work vanish.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TENINCH said:

H1N1 killed and infected more people and the response to that was almost nothing compared to the response our government is giving this virus. The flu will still kill more people this year. They are going to tank the economy. At least some of us can refinance our house though! O.o

It’s a bit early to compare stats. This is just unfolding.

16 minutes ago, animaltested said:

So word on the street is the US Government tried to buy exclusive rights for a coronavirus vaccine being developed in Germany. My only thought...

giphy.gif

I'd move to another street. This is just BS propaganda.

45 minutes ago, theJ said:

I'm not even sure how the masses accomplish a run on gas.  It's not like everyone has a 500 gal tank in their backyard to fill.

The refineries aren't shutting down.  Oil prices are going down.  Etc.

Gas won't be a problem, if you ask me.

At this point it’s unknown how this plays out. Short term there will be significant supply chain issues cropping up as well as large shortages of imports from China. Some countries are refusing items to be exported while some companies are warning of a shortage of drugs or components required to make some drugs.

Like other emergencies there will be unplanned and unforeseen occurrences some of which will be a direct result of an absence of global cooperation.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m an absolute hillbilly and gun nut.  I’m all for buying them cheap and stacking them deep if you will.

Just not sure what about a virus would trigger people who’ve apparently never bothered to do so to go out and load up now?  

I at least expect to need the TP.

Some people are reacting in accordance with all the doomsday books that have been written since 1976. 

• Like 1

Just now, animaltested said:

Enlighten me.

Why would the US release a virus to the world that would not only make people sick but devastate the economies of numerous nations including our own when it's the best it's been in decades?