Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

40 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I refuse to believe these things until we see White House reports

41 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I dont believe the media

At this point, the WH is just another biased media outlet. 

SPIN CITY BABY

• Like 1

The fact that he has no symptoms, but was able to quarantine and get tested because he knew someone who has it is a big part of how you help stop the spread. If he didn’t quarantine and didn’t get the test, he could have single-handedly spread it to thousands of people. 

Some information that could be helpful: Food isn’t a viable means of transmission. Which means, getting take out or delivery is safe as long as you don't stay in close contact with the staff. But you should remove the food from the packaging it was in and put it on a clean plate, as the packaging can be a viable means of transmission. Throw away the package and wash your hands. All without touching your face.

Mike DeWine just banned in person voting until June 2. Absentee ballot will be permitted and accepted. This period of time will be extended 90 days. Good for him. @LETSGOBROWNIES he said "Our citizens should not have to choose between their health and their ideology or civic duties. Win or lose, you always look forward to election day. I think it is the right thing to do (push it back). I do not have the power to do this, but this can only occur if we are invaded. I believe that we are being invaded, albeit this is not the intent of the law."

• Like 2

Just now, MWil23 said:

Mike DeWine just banned in person voting until June 2. Absentee ballot will be permitted and accepted. This period of time will be extended 90 days. Good for him. @LETSGOBROWNIES he said "Our citizens should not have to choose between their health and their ideology or civic duties. Win or lose, you always look forward to election day. I think it is the right thing to do (push it back). I do not have the power to do this, but this can only occur if we are invaded. I believe that we are being invaded, albeit this is not the intent of the law."

He's going through the courts to file a lawsuit in Franklin County and hoping that the suggestion and filing will be taken into account. @SwAg likelihood this happens?

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

Wow, dude is killing it rn tbh.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d hate to be the judge that doesn’t allow it.

This IS the spirit of the law imo.

It’s the spirit, but the wording isn’t exact so people will have meltdowns.

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Wow, dude is killing it rn tbh.

That’s what I was just talking to my wife about, he’s crushing it 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

My friend's sister who's a nurse is expecting a 2 week quarantine in the next day or two. No idea how valid that is or not, but it's just what I'm hearing.

That isn’t viable long term.  

There are nursing shortages in a lot of the county already.  If they send every nurse with a positive rest home for 2 weeks there won’t be staff to work the place.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That isn’t viable long term.  

There are nursing shortages in a lot of the county already.  If they send every nurse with a positive rest home for 2 weeks there won’t be staff to work the place.

I think he meant a quarantine in general, not specifically for nurses.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He's going through the courts to file a lawsuit in Franklin County and hoping that the suggestion and filing will be taken into account. @SwAg likelihood this happens?

39 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d hate to be the judge that doesn’t allow it.

This IS the spirit of the law imo.

27 minutes ago, Dome said:

It’s the spirit, but the wording isn’t exact so people will have meltdowns.

That’s what I was just talking to my wife about, he’s crushing it 

You definitely don’t know that.  Legislative history and interpretive canons exert heavy influence over adjudication when interpreting the law, and the Governor is making the right decision, but he’s also right that he has this authority on a very precarious basis, and it’s likely not met.  If the person making the argument is acknowledging his interpretation is wrong, but it’s the only device at his disposal, you may want to listen because they’re obligated to present to the court in candor.

The point is that it does not matter.  Simply by doing it, he will receive the delay while it’s decided.  And there will be no repercussions for it if it’s found to be unlawful.

Canceling an election, that would be a firestorm, and I doubt it could happen short of Congress invoking the Constitution’s suspension clause.  I’m not sure even a state-level constitutional mechanic could serve that purpose because of the way the federal constitutional rights were integrated since the 60s.

Anyway, in a vacuum, the case is decided against the Governor.  But, the Courts are definitely cognizant of the practical realities.  The judiciary has a lot of options to accomplish the Governor’s goal without expanding his power to invoke elements of martial law for a...microbial invasion.

I’ll read the materials later when I’m drunk and tell you if this is right.

Edited by SwAg
  • Like 3