Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

48 minutes ago, pwny said:

Some information that could be helpful: Food isn’t a viable means of transmission. Which means, getting take out or delivery is safe as long as you don't stay in close contact with the staff. But you should remove the food from the packaging it was in and put it on a clean plate, as the packaging can be a viable means of transmission. Throw away the package and wash your hands. All without touching your face.

I don't want to gloss over this, because i think it's important information to help restaurants not go under during this crap.

So...not that i don't trust you, because you've proven yourself to be a smart guy.  But, source?

16 minutes ago, theJ said:

I don't want to gloss over this, because i think it's important information to help restaurants not go under during this crap.

So...not that i don't trust you, because you've proven yourself to be a smart guy.  But, source?

Of course.

First: This virus is very similar to MERS and SARS. There were zero found cases of either of those transmitted by food, and all experts believe this is the same. (Source)

In addition, this guy is a food safety expert:

The guy he was replying to is an James Beard award winning chef who was trying to come up with a plan for his restaurant. HSaid chef then spent several days talking to as many people in food safety, epidemiology, and virology as he could to figure out how to keep his restaurant safe. He came up with the following:

Edit: Oops. Forgot one. 

Edited by pwny
  • Like 3