Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

40 minutes ago, pwny said:

I’ve had a cough for part of the day. Little nervous.

But I also get a cough occasionally (maybe once or twice a month) because of my dust allergy that isn’t bad enough to take medication daily for. So it’s *probably* that, but who knows. 

I've had a hoarse cough for 2 weeks baby, i'm still goin strong

My girlfriend’s grandparents live in an assisted living facility. Her grandpa has dementia. Because of how absurdly at risk the patients are there, they stopped allowing visitors. Her dad used to go there all the time, like 3-4 times a week to check on them and spend time. Because he can’t do that, I guess her grandpa is super confused and keeps calling asking what he’s supposed to do because he’s not quite aware of where he is or what he’s supposed to be doing.

****, man. These are some of the unnoticed things happening and they really suck.

• Like 1

Just now, August4th said:

lucky for me I have enough food/supplies to hold me over for a few days, so I'm going to wait until later this week to shop for some stuff. people can't keep panic buying, that has to slow down, right?

Panic buying is going to continue as more and more people come to realize this isn’t just the flu. It’s just whether you believe most people have hit that point and are able to have already stocked up or not. And that, not sure there’s a way to know.

• Like 1

Most attorney generals are setting up a price gouging hotline.  If you have any concerns about price gouging in your area you should report the information to them.

We already had two seizures of price gouging stockpiles in my area.  So, I expect them to have some teeth on this initiative.

8 minutes ago, pwny said:

Panic buying is going to continue as more and more people come to realize this isn’t just the flu. It’s just whether you believe most people have hit that point and are able to have already stocked up or not. And that, not sure there’s a way to know.

I'm banking on my local store being located in a smallish town, only so many locals could do this daily. I think I'm going try to go as soon as the doors open to avoid big crowds(a lot of people probably got that idea to go early too tho smh)

Edited by August4th

9 minutes ago, pwny said:

Yeah.  If people are struggling to find supplies, I recommend the discount grocery stores.  The kind that are super cheap and rely upon errant shipments to chain retailers or food reaching the end of its shelf life.  It’s largely same you’ll get at any normal store, but has a negative connotation attached.

Similarly, the inverse is true too.  The Giant and Wegmans were barren, but Harris Teeter was still full because it’s all 30% more expensive.