Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

I went into one of the local Giants today as I forgot I had a prescription to fill, and missed a few things from my Monday trip.  Turns out bread and eggs were restocked (on Monday, no eggs at all and maybe 15 bread/roll bags period) and the meat department was full.  Still no toilet paper or paper towels.  Today, the freezer section took a hit- few pizzas, fries and breakfast items left.  

One guy was going around with a list he must've gotten online and was rudely asking employees where this was, and that was.  I tracked him asking for specific bowls of rice (which were out), Tylenol (which was out) and rubbing alcohol (also out.). If he wasn't being so damn rude, I would have felt sorry for him.  But it's not Giant's fault he didn't go out sooner to get anything.  I'm also pretty sure he ran through the toilet paper aisle twice looking for that.  LOL.  

Hell, there are some weeks where I know I'm never going to be home for dinner due to a variety of things and I won't even have food at home in the fridge, so I felt bad stocking up on the things that I did, even though I know I'm going to use them.  I'm also getting things for my grandmother who is 92.  She's always stocked, but of course, the little things matter so I get her what she needs so she's happy. 

Also, kudos to my local Giant.  They had teams of two people working down the aisles sanitizing the shelves.  I'm sure a lot of stores are saying they are doing more, but it was nice to see a chain actually putting that talk into practice.  

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

All the home gym equipment at some department stores is sold out, but when I look at the super fit people on IG, they're just using pots and pans or a towel with body weight exercises.

at least the panic buying of exercise equipment wont affect me

6 hours ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

This is so crazy. I'm an introvert so being contained to myself is no biggie but I like to go to restaurants and now not being able to is weird. It's almost a step away from martial law. I've been playing video games my whole life, I'm prepared for all of this😁

Same. I'm an introvert as well. People that aren't used to staying home all day working or whatever, are going to go bonkers quickly. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol, no.  You wouldn't be as good as I am.  I'm very good at my job, and they'd pay me to NOT come in if I said that's what it would take to keep me. 

If we paid you, could we get you to not come in? 

7 hours ago, Xenos said:

Well it has an incubation period of 14 days, and you can feel completely normal during that whole time period. There is no handicap like with Sars where if you get it, you know you got it and can stay home. This is why it's so dangerous.

B I N G O 

Its why I believe that basically everyone I know is going to get it. I am not sitting around my house just waiting to get sick though. I am taking some steps to say **** you to covid-19

1) Consuming zinc. Its a known antiviral. I take 25mg every other day and then 2mg on those other days (via multi-vite). I read you can take 40mg per day of zinc and not get mineral poisoning, but 25mg every other day seems reasonable and would prevent bad things happening to my gut (one of the effects of zinc poisoning). 

2) drinking Green tea. Its a good antiviral as well. There have been studies that talk about how green tea consumption can be moderately effective in preventing influenza, (which is a virus). I drink a lot of green tea on a daily. Innumerable health benefits with green tea. I also add 1-2 different bags of: holy basil (tulsi), ginseng, or echinacea to the tea as well. Mixing teas is actually very good for you due to 'entourage effect' (google it). 

3) Getting my cardio in shape. I go for runs or bike rides everyday now. I know this thing is a respiratory demon, so I am getting my lung efficiency numbers up. I havent really done that much cardio over the past few years outside of sports, but now I feel like I am training for something and I am starting to see results.

Edited by N4L
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Then, you have people who have the full blown acute Coronavirus where they are stuck in bed all day because they have no energy, fever, body aches, cough, inability to breath and a whole different group of people who only show a few of the symptoms (this is the group I'm in). I'm up and about, although locked in my room, without excessive fatigue or a fever. The range of this thing is friggin' crazy. You have people that start off racked out in bed and then, in my case, a random pressure in my chest that lead to a shortness of breath. Mine came out of nowhere in the middle of the day which made me think nothing of it. Now, I gradually started coughing, with more of a build up today than yesterday, and I've only had hot flashes or moments where I need to have a fan on. No fever at all, no body aches, no headaches. It's starting to get a little worse by the day but I'm not racked out yet. Crazy.

The good news, is...since you seem to be riding it out pretty well so far, if you make it through the end...eventually, it's gonna have to be people like you who have already had it and "recovered" who start to resume the economy.

Or at least, that seems to be the idea.  Worst vaccine/immunization ever probably, i'm sure...but seems like any sort of reasonable economic recovery strategy kinda depends on healthy people getting it, beating it, and getting back to work where they can no longer really transmit the virus.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

The good news, is...since you seem to be riding it out pretty well so far, if you make it through the end...eventually, it's gonna have to be people like you who have already had it and "recovered" who start to resume the economy.

Or at least, that seems to be the idea.  Worst vaccine/immunization ever probably, i'm sure...but seems like any sort of reasonable economic recovery strategy kinda depends on healthy people getting it, beating it, and getting back to work where they can no longer really transmit the virus.

wow, talk about pressure for beekay to have to be the one to jumpstart the economy

also, the quotes on "recovered" are noted as is the "if you make it through the end" bit.

Beekay may not have noticed it. But his brain did.

We dont want beekay to be too complacent here. 

• Like 3