Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

The potential social impact of the virus is much more frightening than the disease to me, at least based on age/health/etc.

If I get the virus I’m likely gonna be fine, but how much of a disruption to the food supply chain, healthcare system, etc are we looking at?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

If you aren't wearing masks yet, you should consider it, if you can get them. Yeah it does little to actually protect against acquisition of the virus probably, but it's better than nothing. Helps prevent yourself from touching your face inadvertantly. 

Na.  Theres a medical shortage of them.  Surgical masks only help others from getting sick which is nice but again theres a medical shortage.  n95s apparenrly people take them off incorrectly and end up infecting themselves.  Nor do they fit them correctly.  Just save em for the nurses and sick in the hospitals, they will need them soon

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Na.  Theres a medical shortage of them.  Surgical masks only help others from getting sick which is nice but again theres a medical shortage.  n95s apparenrly people take them off incorrectly and end up infecting themselves.  Nor do they fit them correctly.  Just save em for the nurses and sick in the hospitals, they will need them soon

That's what i was going to say too.  Thank you.

It's not going to protect you, and the medical professionals need them more.  Don't panic buy stuff like this, please.

• Like 1

I just got back from the local Kroger, and they finally implemented a “3 or less” policy for all cleaning items, liquid soap, toiletries, etc. They’re still out of TP, but it’s headed in the right direction there at least.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I just got back from the local Kroger, and they finally implemented a “3 or less” policy for all cleaning items, liquid soap, toiletries, etc. They’re still out of TP, but it’s headed in the right direction there at least.

Ours did the same on Friday, early AM.  It's sensible, when people aren't being sensible.

We already know there's enough for everyone, if we don't try to hoard it.  So stop letting people try to hoard it.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The potential social impact of the virus is much more frightening than the disease to me, at least based on age/health/etc.

If I get the virus I’m likely gonna be fine, but how much of a disruption to the food supply chain, healthcare system, etc are we looking at?

Guess it just depends how bad it gets, which has yet to be seen.

Certain areas of the country will get hit harder than others.  I imagine bigger cities and surrounding areas will see the worst of it.

It sucks, because people are either freaking out or not taking it seriously, and those are the biggest issues.  You need to be somewhere in the middle.  Panic is going to lead to the social and economic chaos you mentioned, and not taking it seriously will lead to more spread of the virus.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, theJ said:

Ours did the same on Friday, early AM.  It's sensible, when people aren't being sensible.

We already know there's enough for everyone, if we don't try to hoard it.  So stop letting people try to hoard it.

I’d like to punch those people in the face who bought 6-48 packs apiece Tuesday. It’s outrageous. That’s like 3 years of TP. I have a wife and 3 daughters. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I’d like to punch those people in the face who bought 6-48 packs apiece Tuesday. It’s outrageous. That’s like 3 years of TP. I have a wife and 3 daughters. 

Me too, my man.  Me too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

People are apparently scalping it some places, selling it for a much higher price.

The simultaneous stupidity and douchebaggery we are seeing over TP astounds me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

People are apparently scalping it some places, selling it for a much higher price.

The simultaneous stupidity and douchebaggery we are seeing over TP astounds me.

I found a guy on Ebay selling it one square at a time for $2/ea (free shipping!).  I laughed.

• Like 1

Just now, theJ said:

I found a guy on Ebay selling it one square at a time for $2/ea (free shipping!).  I laughed.

It would be funny to do that just to mock the ridiculousness of what we are seeing.

15 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

It would be funny to do that just to mock the ridiculousness of what we are seeing.

I thought it was funny.  My wife was mad at the guy.  I told her to get a sense of humor, because he's obviously not serious.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Guess it just depends how bad it gets, which has yet to be seen.

Certain areas of the country will get hit harder than others.  I imagine bigger cities and surrounding areas will see the worst of it.

It sucks, because people are either freaking out or not taking it seriously, and those are the biggest issues.  You need to be somewhere in the middle.  Panic is going to lead to the social and economic chaos you mentioned, and not taking it seriously will lead to more spread of the virus.

Pretty much this.