• Alien
    • Mad Max
    • Invasion of the Bodysnatchers
    • Stalker
    • Solaris
    • A New Hope
    • A Clockwork Orange

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/16/2020 at 10:00 PM

In this thread we will be deciding the fifth entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Sci-Fi movie from the 1970s!

Please see rules at the following thread:

Poll is up and there can only be one! Keep in mind the amount of votes the winner receives will help determine seeding in the bracket, so dont stop voting for the movie you think deserve the spot because its winning by a landslide, your vote will still count! Polling will close Monday, 3/16/2020 at 6pm EST. 

@Calvert28  @Pickle Rick@THE DUKE @FinneasGage @FourThreeMafia  @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn

51 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

A New Hope. Alien is 1b though.

I am surprised A New Hope is doing this well, maybe it is just too damn main stream now which ruins how I view the entire franchise.  It was pretty awesome for its time and is a little more family friendly of course than Alien.  It is arguably the worst of the three classic Star Wars movies but that is not saying much because they were all solid.  Alien is a scarier film and overall has a more serious tone.  To have two different Star Wars movies both in the final tournament is a little much I would say but will see.  

34 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

now you know how I feel Ozzy when my favorites were going down in a blaze

I would not hate if A New Hope wins, probably would have voted for that 15 years ago but with all this Disney Star Wars crap it has kind of ruined the franchise a little bit for me.  The Lucas three he made to complete the introduction to the story were ok nothing great but these Disney ones are just flat out bad.  

The Alien franchise of three movies is right up there with the three classic Star Wars movies and that says a lot.  Again I would say the other two Star Wars films are better than this one, and the first Alien is arguably the best of that group of three.  If people go just on gut, of course Star Wars A New Hope is more likable because it is less serious and has more humor than Alien does.  

39 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I would not hate if A New Hope wins, probably would have voted for that 15 years ago but with all this Disney Star Wars crap it has kind of ruined the franchise a little bit for me.  The Lucas three he made to complete the introduction to the story were ok nothing great but these Disney ones are just flat out bad.  

The Alien franchise of three movies is right up there with the three classic Star Wars movies and that says a lot.  Again I would say the other two Star Wars films are better than this one, and the first Alien is arguably the best of that group of three.  If people go just on gut, of course Star Wars A New Hope is more likable because it is less serious and has more humor than Alien does.  

I think ROTJ is the worst of the 3 by a significant margin. Don’t like that movie

13 hours ago, JonStark said:

ROTJ is my personal favorite of the three, but it's definitely not the best made one. 

Same, i'm sure it's heavily influenced by nostalgia from my child hood (RotJ was literally the first movie I ever saw in a theater, although I was only 2 at the time so I don't remember seeing it in the theater), but it's my favorite as well.