1960s Sci-Fi - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

In this thread we will be deciding the sixth entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Sci-Fi movie from the 1960s!

Please see rules at the following thread:

Nominations are open! Please be clear that you are nominating flicks. Movies with 3+ nominations will make it into the polling phase. POSTERS WILL BE LIMITED TO FIVE NOMINATIONS. If you nominate more than 5 I will only count the top five. The changes in edited posts will not be counted. Nominations will close Monday, 3/16/2020 at 6pm EST. 

@Calvert28 @THE DUKE @FinneasGage @FourThreeMafia  @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn@Pickle Rick

Pretty bad time period no question about it, next one after this could be even worse

Planet of the Apes
2001: A Space Odyssey

Honestly 2001: A Space Odyssey had some great visual parts but overall is pretty boring honestly, if there was a better story overall to go with the visuals it would be ranked way higher.  Planet of the Apes was just as entertaining and overall had a much better ending.  I think it will be hard to even get five movie nominations for the 1960s.  

7 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

i would agree, but low competition, and the HAL scenes put this one over.

True, visually it is hard to vote against it.  In the 1950s one just has creature features and that is about it, nothing great there either or worth nominating.  Then after that will have Frankenstein/Bride of Frankenstein and Metropolis as the only two there as well.  

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Speed round this one.  As boring as 2001 was, it is indisputable.  God I hate that movie, but...

God it's sssooooooo boring. It took me multiple attempts to finish it.

Edited by seminoles1