1960s Sci-Fi - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

9 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I think that more of you needed to see 1960's "The Time Machine."  

Pretty damned good film, if you ask me.

But then none of you asked me.....but I still think it is my nomination.

Based on the poll numbers usually, there does need to be more people involved in this, so if you are interested I think you can just ask or just watch for the new polls and nomination lists when they are posted.    Anyone can nominate and vote on movies.

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Based on the poll numbers usually, there does need to be more people involved in this, so if you are interested I think you can just ask or just watch for the new polls and nomination lists when they are posted.    Anyone can nominate and vote on movies.

Oh, I was just trying to be a bit snarky there. Sorry.  Not trying to be a Image result for jackass gif

1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Oh, I was just trying to be a bit snarky there. Sorry.  Not trying to be a Image result for jackass gif

Don't worry there is already one here that is actually trying to serve that role.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ozzy said:

In the 1950s one just has creature features and that is about it, nothing great there either or worth nominating. 

Lol.  The 50's were one of the most important decades of the genre.  From Destination Moon being the first attempt at adding realism to science fiction to Godzilla being a direct reflection of the atomic bomb to Invasion of the Bodysnatchers and a host of others being directly related to the Soviet Union and the decade taking place directly after the golden age of science fiction in literature, the 50's is not only one of the best decades for the genre, but possibly the most important.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SlevinKelevra said:

is that the fault of the decade, or of the viewers(voters)?

Nah it is the decade and what this specific genre produced, there is a reason few if any have seen some of the movies you nominate because they are not worth watching for the general public.  The 1960s was great as seen below and there are some awesome movies, just really none of them being Sci Fi outside of the two that have been nominated here so far.

To Kill a Mockingbird
Psycho
Cool Hand Luke
My Fair Lady
Breakfast at Tiffany's
The Producers
Dr. Strangelove or: How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
The Hustler
The Graduate
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Bonnie and Clyde
Rosemary's Baby
Night of the Living Dead
Cinderella
West Side Story
The Jungle Book
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
The Magnificent Seven
The Manchurian Candidate
The Sound of Music
Spartacus 

And the 1950s was great with some absolutely historic films, but yeah nothing Sci Fi is even close honestly.  It will do great in Drama and romance though.   You seriously think one of the crap 1950s Sci Fi films is better than On the Waterfront?  Yeah right.  

1954 On the Waterfront
1951 A Streetcar Named Desire
1954 Sabrina
1957 Twelve Angry Men
1954 Seven Samurai
1958 Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
1953 Roman Holiday
1955 Rebel Without a Cause
1953 Shane 
1956 The Ten Commandments 
1953 House of Wax
1957 Paths of Glory
1959 Some Like It Hot
1959 Ben Hur
1951 Ace in the Hole

Just seeing obscure movies that few have see and saying they are great do not actually make them great.   

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Just seeing obscure movies that few have see and saying they are great do not actually make them great.   

Just like you saying they’re not great because you didn’t like it and don’t know anything doesn’t mean they’re not great.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Nah it is the decade and what this specific genre produced, there is a reason few if any have seen some of the movies you nominate because they are not worth watching for the general public.  The 1960s was great as seen below and there are some awesome movies, just really none of them being Sci Fi outside of the two that have been nominated here so far.

To Kill a Mockingbird
Psycho
Cool Hand Luke
My Fair Lady
Breakfast at Tiffany's
The Producers
Dr. Strangelove or: How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
The Hustler
The Graduate
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Bonnie and Clyde
Rosemary's Baby
Night of the Living Dead
Cinderella
West Side Story
The Jungle Book
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
The Magnificent Seven
The Manchurian Candidate
The Sound of Music
Spartacus 

And the 1950s was great with some absolutely historic films, but yeah nothing Sci Fi is even close honestly.  It will do great in Drama and romance though.   You seriously think one of the crap 1950s Sci Fi films is better than On the Waterfront?  Yeah right.  

1954 On the Waterfront
1951 A Streetcar Named Desire
1954 Sabrina
1957 Twelve Angry Men
1954 Seven Samurai
1958 Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
1953 Roman Holiday
1955 Rebel Without a Cause
1953 Shane 
1956 The Ten Commandments 
1953 House of Wax
1957 Paths of Glory
1959 Some Like It Hot
1959 Ben Hur
1951 Ace in the Hole

Just listing the 15 total movies you've bothered to getting around watching because they are on TCM doesnt make them all great or the best. 

You have an odd fixation on quality as being measured by anti-obscurity. Did you see my list includes Barbarella?  I mean that's the literal opposite of obscure. Except maybe to you.

Edited by SlevinKelevra